The settlement agreement contains the following provisions:
• Electric base rate moratorium through 2016
• Continuation of the energy adjustment clause
• Continuation of the regional transmission service cost recovery rider
• Electric Tax Benefit Rider credits continue through at least 2016
• Force majeure provision to allow IPL to seek rate relief if a significant event occurs
• Show cause action could be brought by OCA if IPL ROE exceeds 11 percent
IPL has based its settlement on the assumptions that the current authorized return on equity and common equity component of the capital structure remains unchanged, and the settlement allows for a return on and of 2014 year-end Iowa electric rate base of approximately $3.1 billion.
This settlement must be approved by the IUB before it becomes effective. The filed settlement is available on the IUB’s electronic filing system. The filing is under Docket No. RPU-2014-0001.