Knoxville — Knoxville High School placed first in the Little Hawkeye Conference art show, held Wednesday, April 3, at Central College in Pella.
Selections of the finest pieces made by students throughout the year were selected for the show by teacher Brian Barkey. A total of 12 pieces placed, more than any other school in the competition. Pella placed second with 10. This was the first top finish for Barkey in his career.
Students participating, and their placements, are as follows:
• Austin Sims earned third place in Ink.
• Chris Moody earned an Honorable Mention in Colored Pencil.
• Katie Douglas earned first in Sculpture, third in Colored Pencil and third in 2-D Mixed Medium.
• Noah Hefner earned second in Sculpture and second in Colored Pencil.
• Evy wells earned third in Graphic Design.
• Desirae Nichols earned second in Photography.
• Trevor Minard earned an Honorable Mention in Sculpture.
• Jac Agan earned second in Pottery.
• Sam Piagentini earned first in Pottery.