Slideshow: Costumed Osky takes to the streets
Children and parents took part in the Main Street Trick or Treat Parade on the Oskaloosa square Wednesday. Costumed parents and children also lined up around Mahaska Drug Wednesday.
- Southeast Iowa
State wants review of Edouard decision
Late yesterday, the Iowa Attorney General's Office, on behalf of the State of Iowa, filed an application for further review regarding the Court of Appeals' recent decision to throw out a District Court verdict of guilty in the sexual exploitation case against former Pella pastor Patrick Edouard.
VIDEO: DOT camera captures massive pileup
As a winter storm moved through Wisconsin over the weekend, a state Department of Transportation tower camera caught a chain reaction crash involving several vehicles in the southbound lanes of Highway 45 in Waukesha County, as reported on CNN.
- Pella names finance director The City of Pella recently announced that Corey Goodenow has accepted the position of Finance Director effective January 20, 2014. Corey was raised in Boise, Idaho and earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Iowa State University. He then went o
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Just over 750 Iowa residents have enrolled in private health insurance plans using the federal marketplace website. New data released by the federal government Wednesday shows that enrollment is edging up in Iowa. But the enro
- Iowa DNR uses social media for wildlife questions DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa officials are turning to social media to answer questions about the state's wildlife. The state Department of Natural Resources says wildlife supervisors will be on the social networking site Facebook on Dec. 19 to answer
Pending freeze boosts river level
OTTUMWA — If you’ve driven over the Market Street Bridge or the Jefferson Street Viaduct in the past couple days, you’ve probably noticed that the river has more water in it. A lot more. After months of staying mostly below one foot, the river has ju
- New defense attorneys in Techel case OTTUMWA — The attorneys who represented Seth Techel at two inconclusive trials have been allowed to withdraw from the case. Steven Gardner and Robert Box asked to leave the case after Techel’s second trial on charges of murder and nonconsensual termi
A lot of talk, no action on DHS move
No action was taken at Tuesday's regular Marion County Board of Supervisors' meeting in regard to the possibility of providing space for the Iowa Department of Human Services at the East Annex on Sixth Street in Knoxville.
Loebsack disagrees with recess
Representatives in the House are expected to return to their districts on Friday, three days after returning to Washington, D.C., on Tuesday. This decision does not sit well with Rep. Dave Loebsack.
DNR continue surveillance for chronic wasting disease
DNR wildlife staff will again be in the field during Iowa's shotgun deer seasons, collecting samples to test for Chronic Wasting Disease in Iowa's wild deer herd. The effort will concentrate on portions of Northeast Iowa near Wisconsin and Illinois a
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines
- State wants review of Edouard decision