American stereotypes: What the U.S. thinks about itself
What does America think about itself? Which states have the best food, and which are the most underrated? Business Insider asked Americans how they felt about other states, and this is how they answered.
- Southeast Iowa
Centerville woman charged with ID theft, forgery
On Dec. 13 the Centerville Police Department arrested Tabatha Kay Kuehl, 26, at the Centerville Law Center. Kuehl was charged with identity theft and credit card forgery, both charges being aggravated misdemeanors, according to a Centerville Police D
AAA expects U.S. holiday travel to reach record high
U.S. travel during the Christmas and New Year's holidays will rise for a fifth straight year to reach a record, boosted by more automobile trips, AAA said.
- Why do lottery players think they can defy odds? It's the ultimate fantasy: Walk into a store, plunk down a dollar, and with nothing but luck — really extraordinary luck — you win a giant lottery. Suddenly, you're rich as a sultan with enough money to buy an NBA team or your own island. The odds of
Winter weather forecast for Thursday
A winter storm is expected to hit Iowa later this week, but it could be more slippery than snowy for some.
Council rejects 2-way stop
OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa City Council by a 4-3 vote rejected an ordinance to change the four-way stop at the former Webster School to a two-way stop during its meeting Monday night. The ordinance was in its thi
- Keosauqua nursing home fined for uncontested citations KEOSAUQUA — You won’t find the outcome online. The citation itself is tough to find. But the state says a Keosauqua nursing home did not challenge findings that it failed to adequately supervise residents. The Good Samaritan Society Van Buren was fin
Slideshow: Eagles in Ottumwa
- Changes allow for an eight-year driver's license Iowa driver's may have a pleasant surprise when they renew a driver's license after Jan. 1, 2014. New legislation allows the Iowa Department of Transportation to transition from driver's license that are valid for five years to driver's licenses that
Christmas food baskets bring joy to the needy
OSKALOOSA — People lined up more than an hour early Saturday morning at Central United Methodist Church for a Christmas food basket. The Oskaloosa Rotary Club, Oskaloosa High School National Honor Society students and various other volunteers distrib
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $586 million DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The Mega Millions jackpot has been boosted to $586 million, a jump from the earlier projection but still trailing a $656 million prize last year that was the largest in U.S. history. Paula Otto, executive director of the Virgi
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines
- Centerville woman charged with ID theft, forgery