Area RAGBRAI logos
RAGBRAI, one of the biggest annual cycling events in the world, will be pedaling right through southeast Iowa this year. Three area cities, Oskaloosa, Knoxville and Fairfield, will host the riders and support people overnight. Here's a look at their logos for the event.
- Southeast Iowa
Cobbins murder appeal rejected
The Iowa Court of Appeals has ruled there was "a wealth of circumstantial evidence" that Terry Cobbins, Jr., killed Teresa Miller in 2011.
- No White House meeting on Medicaid for Branstad DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Gov. Terry Branstad is not scheduled to meet with President Barack Obama to discuss Iowa's low income health care proposal. Spokesman Tim Albrecht says Obama and White House officials did not grant Branstad's request for a mee
- Face of a food champion: Bob Newell Bob Newell worked at private clubs, city clubs, hospitals, retirement centers, colleges and restaurants before becoming executive chef at the Rathbun Lakeshore Grille in Honey Creek Resort State Park in southern Iowa. This allows him to fulfill a dre
- Fewer meals for monarchs OTTUMWA — If you enjoy watching the migration of the monarch butterfly, you might be out of luck. Nature researchers say even everyday butterfly watchers are noticing a massive decrease in the number of monarchs they see. Alicia Houk teaches environm
- Eldon rich with holiday happenings ELDON — There are a slew of holiday happenings going on around Eldon over the next few days that will surely keep anyone in the holiday spirit. This weekend is bound to be one of the busiest for those around Eldon, with all of the fun kicking off on
Galeazzi on quest to make Knoxville a Compassionate City
In the past two weeks, Chuck Galeazzi with Helping Hands has visited the Knoxville School Board and Knoxville City Council in the hopes of gaining support to make the town the most compassionate city in America.
- Eddyville library board seeks more money EDDYVILLE — Larry Leatherman, vice president of the Eddyville Public Library Board, requested a $1,000 increase in funding this week from the Eddyville City Council for the upcoming fiscal year. Leatherman presented the board’s annual report. He n
Cyber Monday sales reach record as shoppers snub stores for Web
Online shopping surged about 20 percent to a record on Cyber Monday as many consumers snubbed physical stores and took to the Web to buy holiday gifts.
- Audit report released for PCSD Van Maanen, Sietstra & Meyer, PC, Certified Public Accountants today released an audit report on the Pella Community School District in Pella, Iowa. The District's revenues totaled $27,394,928 for the year ended June 30, 2013, a 2.42 percent increase
Sunday’s personal injury accident remains under investigation
The Iowa State Patrol continues to investigate Sunday’s two-car accident near the Honey Creek Resort entrance.
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines
- Cobbins murder appeal rejected