Watch Livestream's 24/7 Sandycam feed as Hurricane Sandy approaches the coast.
- Southeast Iowa
- Iowa DNR uses social media for wildlife questions DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa officials are turning to social media to answer questions about the state's wildlife. The state Department of Natural Resources says wildlife supervisors will be on the social networking site Facebook on Dec. 19 to answer
- New defense attorneys in Techel case OTTUMWA — The attorneys who represented Seth Techel at two inconclusive trials have been allowed to withdraw from the case. Steven Gardner and Robert Box asked to leave the case after Techel’s second trial on charges of murder and nonconsensual termi
- Pending freeze boosts river level OTTUMWA — If you’ve driven over the Market Street Bridge or the Jefferson Street Viaduct in the past couple days, you’ve probably noticed that the river has more water in it. A lot more. After months of staying mostly below one foot, the river has ju
A lot of talk, no action on DHS move
No action was taken at Tuesday's regular Marion County Board of Supervisors' meeting in regard to the possibility of providing space for the Iowa Department of Human Services at the East Annex on Sixth Street in Knoxville.
Loebsack disagrees with recess
Representatives in the House are expected to return to their districts on Friday, three days after returning to Washington, D.C., on Tuesday. This decision does not sit well with Rep. Dave Loebsack.
DNR continue surveillance for chronic wasting disease
DNR wildlife staff will again be in the field during Iowa's shotgun deer seasons, collecting samples to test for Chronic Wasting Disease in Iowa's wild deer herd. The effort will concentrate on portions of Northeast Iowa near Wisconsin and Illinois a
- New home for SIEDA OTTUMWA — Most people getting services at the Southern Iowa Economic Development Agency's newly renovated Community Action building won't have far to go from the current SIEDA location. "It's just one building over," said Brian Dunn, executive direct
KHS Dance Team does well at State
The Knoxville High School Dance Team participated in the state team championships over the weekend and brought home three trophies.
- Check your online security in one easy step OTTUMWA — It happens with alarming regularity: there’s a report of a massive breach of security on social media or a shopping website, but you have no way to know whether your information was part of the breach. There’s a solution that’s as simple as
Probation for Exline man
An Exline man facing five criminal charges had two dismissed but the judge in the case sentenced him to either prison or jail, suspended to probation for the three charges that were adjudicated.
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines