A man attempting to steal gasoline managed to set a house, a car and himself on fire in the process.
- Southeast Iowa
North Tailwater to close Aug. 4
The North Tailwater area near the Red Rock Dam will be closed to the public beginning Aug. 4 to enable construction of hydroelectric facilities at the Dam. The closure will extend until construction of the project is completed in the spring of 2018.
Sunburn isn't the only sign of summer that can leave you itchy and blistered
You've got a rash. You quickly rule out the usual suspects: You haven't been gardening or hiking or even picnicking, so it's probably not a plant irritant such as poison ivy or wild parsnip; likewise, it's probably not chiggers or ticks carrying Lyme disease; and you haven't been swimming in a pond, which can harbor the parasite that causes swimmer's itch.
Centerville man violates sex offender registry
A Centerville man with multiple felony convictions in Monroe County was recently sentenced in the Appanoose County Courthouse for OWI and sex offender violation.
- Fairfield stabbing suspects' trials separated FAIRFIELD — The three people accused of dragging a man into a Fairfield apartment before robbing and stabbing him have had a judge grant their requests to separate their trials. Dawn Dunn, Dustin Roll and Brett Hedblade are each charged with willful
- Brownsworth takes over helm at Van Buren hospital KEOSAUQUA — Ray Brownsworth officially started as Van Buren County Hospital’s new chief executive officer on Monday. Employees were introduced to and visited with their new administrator during a morning coffee session. Brownsworth was previously the
Paving may begin late next week
The Third Street project in Knoxville is about three weeks behind, but paving may begin late next week.
- Supervisors wrestle with staffing woes KEOSAUQUA — Van Buren County Supervisor Chairman Bob Waugh says he wants county supervisors to help alleviate staffing problems within the county treasurer’s office. In May, supervisors opted not to replace a vacancy within the treasurer’s office. Va
- Muscatine named Blue Zones community MUSCATINE — Muscatine has been named a certified Blue Zones Community. Certification recognizes Muscatine’s community transformation through successful implementation of the Blue Zones Project. Community leaders, volunteers and organizations througho
Former Centerville teacher drowns in Creston
A long-time Centerville Community School District teacher and coach has been identified as the man dive teams recovered from a southeast Iowa lake on Tuesday morning.
Pella PD warns of recent scam
This scam claims to be selling items on behalf of local schools.
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines
- North Tailwater to close Aug. 4