- Southeast Iowa
Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
While they may not have thumbs to use the phone, pets can benefit from smartphone apps designed specifically for them.
Trees Forever to work on levee pocket park
Centerville is branching out with new trees thanks to a $1,440 grant from Alliant Energy. Joyce E. Thomas, president of the local Trees Forever said the money will go toward planting more trees in Centerville and the group will begin in the levee are
Motorist dies in one-vehicle accident Sunday
The crash involved a single vehicle on 170th Street.
- Iowa finds 12 votes were wrongly rejected in 2012 IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — At least 12 Iowa residents wrongly had their ballots rejected in the 2012 presidential election because of inaccuracies in the state's list of ineligible felons, a review found Friday. Secretary of State Matt Schultz announced
Day care's cost can exceed college tuition in some states
Most parents will deal with an even larger kid-related expense long before college, and it's a cost that very few of them are as prepared for: day care.
Train collision spike worries experts
OTTUMWA — In April 2013 there was a crash at a rail crossing near Batavia. Two children died. Another was injured, along with the children’s mother. Less than a month later, in Ottumwa, a train struck a pickup that apparently tried to slip through th
School Board, OEA agree to new contract
OSKALOOSA -- The Oskaloosa School Board agreed to a tentative agreement with the Oskaloosa Education Association at Tuesday's regular session. The agreement, which will be voted on the by the association later this week, will be a 3.6 percent increa
- Jefferson County man arrested after long investigation FAIRFIELD — Several law enforcement agencies in Fairfield concluded an investigation on Monday that had been ongoing for several months. According to a press release issued by the Fairfield Police Department, they were contacted a number of months ag
VIDEO: CBS taps Colbert as Letterman’s Late Show successor
Bloomberg’s Jon Erlichman reports that CBS has announced Stephen Colbert as its choice to replace the retiring David Letterman as host of “The Late Show” on Bloomberg Television’s “Lunch Money.”
- Centerville supports sexual assault survivors OSKALOOSA -- To raise awareness and stand in solidarity with survivors, a number of area towns are displaying teal ribbons this month. Locally, the town of Centerville will allow Crisis Intervention Services to decorate trees in its square in recogni
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps