- Southeast Iowa
- Police preach safety this holiday season OTTUMWA — There will be more police officers on the roads for the rest of this week to help keep drivers safe as they travel to Thanksgiving get-togethers. In Ottumwa, extra officers will be on the roads looking for drivers who are breaking the law t
Centerville band getting new uniforms
The Centerville Community School District Board of Education Nov. 11 voted to spend $40,050 to purchase 120 new uniforms for the Centerville High School marching band. Brad Brauman, Centerville Band Booster treasur
Holiday events during Lighted Christmas Parade Week
Oskaloosa is gearing up for events leading to the holidays and the Lighted Christmas Parade.
- Council takes no action on salary proposal KEOSAUQUA — The Keosauqua City Council discussed a salary proposal for city workers, a nuisance abatement and a road vacation during its regular council meeting Nov. 12. Council action: • The council tabled a recommendation from the salary committee
Grain rescue tube may be a lifesaver
KEOSAUQUA — The Van Buren Jaws of Life is the recipient of a grain rescue tube with auger that may be a lifesaver to a farmer trapped in a grain bin. Farm Credit Services of America and the Van Buren Foundation, Inc., teamed up to purchase the tube.
- Van Buren County, union in negotiations KEOSAUQUA — The Van Buren County Board of Supervisors and the union representing county secondary road and sheriff’s department employees exchanged initial proposals for the 2014-15 collective bargaining agreement Monday. The secondary road departmen
Pennsylvania man to move coal equipment
With the assistance of people all across the country - and Sweden - a 1915 Monagahn walking drag line, resting in the same location where it scooped its last load of dirt, will be transported from the Attica area to Pennsylvania.
- Pella Opera House's Festival Of Trees Opening Night Party - See slideshow Enjoy the Opening Night after-hours where you can warm up amid the twinkling displays of Christmas trees, wreaths and other beautiful Christmas decorations, all available for purchase, that transforms the Opera House into a merry holiday wonderland. Funds raised provide children's theatre programming. Cash bar, special late night hours: Open til 8 pm. If you cannot come this evening, the festival will be open through December 7 Monday-Saturday from 10am- 6pm.
- Welcome Home OTTUMWA—The price for keeping America safe sometimes comes at the cost of missing loved ones, but the wait for families of the Iowa National Guard 833 Engineer Company is finally over. Soldiers arrived home Saturday at approximately 3 p.m. to cheers
- National Alliance on Mental Illness to hold free 12-week course in Centerville Mental illness is a "no fault" brain disease. The brain is a body part like all others, and the brain, too, can become ill. Serious mental illness affects one in every four Americans at some point in our lifetime. In Appanoose County, it is estimated
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines