- Southeast Iowa
- Deer donation program starts up again in Iowa DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A popular deer donation program is starting up again in Iowa. The state Department of Natural Resources says the program, Help Us Stop Hunger, involves hunters bringing in a whole deer that will be processed into packages of g
Red Rock designated a National Water Trail
The Red Rock Trail at Lake Red Rock, Knoxville, Iowa, has officially been designated as a National Water Trail by the National Park Service. Joining the Red Rock Trail is The Island Loop Route Water Trail in Michigan and The Missouri National Recreation River Water Trail that flows through South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa. These three trails join 11 previously dedicated water trails across the country.
- Need help? Dial 2-1-1 OTTUMWA — Community members who need the assistance of United Way services can connect to the necessary specialists by just the touch of button. Well, actually three buttons. Thanks to 2-1-1, a free and confidential calling service, United Way is abl
- Police preach safety this holiday season OTTUMWA — There will be more police officers on the roads for the rest of this week to help keep drivers safe as they travel to Thanksgiving get-togethers. In Ottumwa, extra officers will be on the roads looking for drivers who are breaking the law t
Centerville band getting new uniforms
The Centerville Community School District Board of Education Nov. 11 voted to spend $40,050 to purchase 120 new uniforms for the Centerville High School marching band. Brad Brauman, Centerville Band Booster treasur
Holiday events during Lighted Christmas Parade Week
Oskaloosa is gearing up for events leading to the holidays and the Lighted Christmas Parade.
- Council takes no action on salary proposal KEOSAUQUA — The Keosauqua City Council discussed a salary proposal for city workers, a nuisance abatement and a road vacation during its regular council meeting Nov. 12. Council action: • The council tabled a recommendation from the salary committee
Grain rescue tube may be a lifesaver
KEOSAUQUA — The Van Buren Jaws of Life is the recipient of a grain rescue tube with auger that may be a lifesaver to a farmer trapped in a grain bin. Farm Credit Services of America and the Van Buren Foundation, Inc., teamed up to purchase the tube.
- Van Buren County, union in negotiations KEOSAUQUA — The Van Buren County Board of Supervisors and the union representing county secondary road and sheriff’s department employees exchanged initial proposals for the 2014-15 collective bargaining agreement Monday. The secondary road departmen
Pennsylvania man to move coal equipment
With the assistance of people all across the country - and Sweden - a 1915 Monagahn walking drag line, resting in the same location where it scooped its last load of dirt, will be transported from the Attica area to Pennsylvania.
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines