- Southeast Iowa
VIDEO: Two-Legged boxer pup's first trip to beach goes viral
Two-legged boxer pup, Duncan Lou Who, stole the Internet's hearts after he had his back legs amputated.continues to delight others by taking his first run on the beach.
- Jefferson County Fairgrounds receives significant donations FAIRFIELD — The Jefferson County Fairgrounds will hopefully finish an upgrade to one of its most important buildings before the 2015 Greater Jefferson County Fair. The project got a little bit of a jump start on Friday after significant donations by
New KHS Principal selected
The Knoxville School Board will meet in special session Thursday, April 3, at 5:30 p.m., to approve a contract with Tracy Wilkins as the new Knoxville High School Principal.
E-B-F FFA alumni hold consignment auction
EDDYVILLE — On Saturday, March 8, the Agri-Power FFA Alumni held a consignment auction at the E-B-F High School. Many local individuals consigned and donated items of their choice to be sold at the auction. Former FFA members
- Q&A: Status update as health law marks a milestone WASHINGTON (AP) — Like so much about the government's health care overhaul, Monday's deadline to sign up for coverage in 2014 didn't turn out quite as planned: Many people still are eligible for extensions that will let them enroll. The change of pla
- Missing Batavia girl found BATAVIA — A teenage girl from Batavia that was reported missing on Nov. 9 has finally been found. Jessica Kahl, 15, who was reported as missing by her father, Bill Kahl, in November was discovered in Roane County, Tenn., on Monday after the man she w
- A few checks can help your ride this spring OTTUMWA — After far too many false starts and delays, it looks like spring may finally be here to stay. Sure, we could be made into April fools by the weather (remember last May’s freak snowstorm?), but the chances of truly cold weather will recede b
Construction firm hired for hydropower project
The Boards of Directors of Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) and Western Minnesota Municipal Power Agency (WMMPA) have approved moving forward with the Red Rock Hydroelectric Project and have chosen Ames Construction, Inc., as the general contractor.
Do animals have a sense of humor?
Right now, in a high-security research lab at Northwestern University's Falk Center for Molecular Therapeutics, scientists are tickling rats. Their goal? To develop a pharmaceutical-grade happiness pill. But their efforts might also produce some of the best evidence yet that humor isn't something experienced exclusively by human beings.
- Area mayors combat sexual assault OSKALOOSA -- In honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April, a record-breaking 32 mayors in the region are signing proclamations urging their communities to work against sexual violence. In Appanoose County, the mayors of Centerville, Moravia an
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines
- VIDEO: Two-Legged boxer pup's first trip to beach goes viral