- Southeast Iowa
Knoxville football coach arrested
The Knoxville Police Department issued a press release indicating that head football coach Troy Rider has been charged with sexual abuse and has turned himself in to the authorities.
- Pella Students to serve during Spring Break Stephen Dykstra, Hannah Wittenberg and Sarah Wittenberg are three of 177 students from Northwestern College that will travel across the United States and overseas for the college's annual Spring Service Projects (SSP) March 1-11. This year's teams wi
- SE Iowa city considers solar at sewer plant DONNELSON, Iowa (AP) — A southeast Iowa community is considering installing solar panels to power its wastewater treatment plant. The Fort Madison Daily Democrat reports (http://bit.ly/1fKnumK ) the Donnellson City Council is interested in solar as a
- Big changes in store for Ottumwa Transit OTTUMWA — At Tuesday’s meeting of the Ottumwa City Council, Transit Director Dave Silverio said there are some pretty significant changes coming to the city’s transit services and community members need to take notice. Silverio said that the main cha
Frigid U.S. weather means highest power prices since '08
Freezing temperatures gripping the eastern U.S. will result in the highest electricity prices in six years for consumers in Boston, Dallas and San Francisco.
Announcement on hydroelectric plant coming March 27
Bill Radio with Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) said this week that there is little to report regarding the progress of his company's hydroelectric plant project at Lake Red Rock. Radio said bids are coming in for the plant's construction and t
- National Alliance on Mental Illness forming Appanoose chapter There will be a planning meeting to discuss the formation of a National Alliance on Mental Illness chapter here in Appanoose County on Tuesday, March 11 at 4 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church at 410 N. Main St. in Centerville. NAMI is the na
- Senators' tempers flare in otherwise calm debate DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Two southeast Iowa lawmakers shouted at each other on the Senate floor during debate on a bill about home health care. The unusual episode started Tuesday when Sen. Mark Chelgren, an Ottumwa Republican, suggested Democratic Se
- Van Buren Conference Board OKs Assessor's budget KEOSAUQUA — The Van Buren Conference Board last week approved the assessor’s office proposed budget 2-1 despite some objections from board members. The conference board is make up of mayors, supervisors and school board members. There are three votes
- Quilt guild to present Quilts of Valor The Material Girlz Quilt Guild will honor our service people during the second Quilts of Valor program at Honey of a Quilt Show at Honey Creek Resort on Sunday, March 9 at 2 p.m. The quilts are a special project undertaken by the Material Girlz Quilt
- More Southeast Iowa Headlines
- Knoxville football coach arrested