Social media reaction to the Golden Globes
Sunday's Golden Globes broadcast showcased much of the excellence -- and silliness -- of Hollywood's award season. And it provided plenty of fodder on social media for users to weigh in on. Here is a sampling.
Lawrence's Golden Globes dress: Black and white and all over the Internet
The Christian Dior dress worn by Jennifer Lawrence at Sunday's Golden Globe awards has become the latest celebrity-related meme to take over the Internet for a day. This one comes complete with its own Twitter hashtag, #Lawrencing. Here are some of the more humorous examples.
- 'Hustle' leads Globes, '12 Years' takes best drama BEVERLY HILLS, Calif (AP) — Amy Poehler made out with Bono, Tina Fey mocked George Clooney's taste in women and Matt Damon emerged, bizarrely, as the night's recurring gag. But at the end of a madcap Golden Globes (Fey toasted it as "the beautiful me
- Rave On! transports Bridge View back in time OTTUMWA - For two hours this weekend, time shifted back to the days when Buddy Holly started a revolution with his music. Billy McGuigan and Rave On! band members performed Friday night at The Bridge View Center. Rave On! The Buddy Holly Experience i
- Correction Two different dates have been published for the Jefferson Ross concert at Indian Hills Community College. The concert will be held at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 in St. John Auditorium on the Indian Hills Community College Ottumwa campus.
- Bullock sweeps People's Choice Awards LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sandra Bullock reigned supreme at the 40th annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night, taking home four trophies as the evening's top winner. The actress was named favorite movie actress, comedic actress, dramatic actress and
- In 'Duck Dynasty' hometown local loyalty prevails WEST MONROE, La. (AP) — "Faith. Family. Ducks." It's the unofficial motto for the family featured in the TV reality show Duck Dynasty and that homespun philosophy permeates nearly everything in this small north Louisiana town. It's perhaps most on di
- Steven Van Zandt is sad Mandela will miss concert NEW YORK (AP) — Steven Van Zandt says his first thought when he heard Nelson Mandela had died "was a selfish one." Van Zandt, guitarist in Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, said he'd hoped Mandela would be able to attend one of the band's South Afri
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved WASHINGTON (AP) — Just in time for a new movie about the making of "Mary Poppins," the 1964 Disney classic starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke has been selected for preservation at the Library of Congress so future generations of Americans can s
Kenny Rogers isn't slowing down
OTTUMWA — It's been a busy time for Grammy award-winning artist Kenny Rogers, and he shows no signs of slowing down. At 75 years old, Rogers has been nominated for another Grammy with Dolly Parton for their new song "You Can't Make Old Friends." He w
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Social media reaction to the Golden Globes