Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight Show' debut: Social media reacts
Jimmy Fallon kicked off a new era on "The Tonight Show" Monday night and garnered mostly positive reviews. Here's a sampling of reaction on social media.
- First night a hit for 'Tonight' host Jimmy Fallon NEW YORK (AP) — If Jimmy Fallon had already proven he was a natural hosting NBC's "Late Night," he left no doubt Monday that "The Tonight Show" now fits him like a glove. As promised during the much-promoted run-up to his "Tonight Show" debut, Fallon
- Leno gave 'Tonight' his farewell, again NEW YORK (AP) — Make way for Jimmy Fallon. "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno ended a stellar if sometimes stormy run Thursday night with high emotion at concluding what he termed "the greatest 22 years of my life." Calling himself "the luckiest guy in the
Bridge View Center adds to team
OTTUMWA — Bridge View Center and VenuWorks are welcoming two new faces to its management team — one native Ottumwan and one with previous experience in a VenuWorks facility. Matt Dowling has been named Bridge View Center's director of operations. He
- Woody Allen's allies cast doubt on abuse claims NEW YORK (AP) — Some of Woody Allen's allies have come to his defense, casting doubt on renewed accusations by Dylan Farrow that she was sexually assaulted by her then-adoptive father when she was 7. Allen's lawyer, studio and publicist weighed in on
- Philip Seymour Hoffman leaves extraordinary legacy NEW YORK (AP) — He was only 46, busy as ever and secure in his standing as one of the world's greatest actors. There were no dissenters about the gifts and achievements of Philip Seymour Hoffman, whose death Sunday in New York brought a stunning halt
- Folk singer, activist Pete Seeger dies in NY ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Buoyed by his characteristically soaring spirit, the surging crowd around him and a pair of canes, Pete Seeger walked through the streets of Manhattan leading an Occupy Wall Street protest in 2011. Though he would later admit the
- Daft Punk, Macklemore top left-of-center Grammys LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Grammy Awards celebrated outcasts and outsiders, lionizing a couple of French robots, white rappers and a country gal espousing gay rights, and a Goth teenager who's clearly uncomfortable with the current themes in pop music. T
- 'Hustle,' 'Gravity' lead Oscars with 10 nods each LOS ANGELES (AP) — The con-artist comedy "American Hustle and the 3-D space odyssey "Gravity" lead the Academy Awards with 10 nominations each, with the historical epic "12 Years a Slave" trailing closely with nine nominations. The nominations, annou
Social media reaction to the Golden Globes
Sunday's Golden Globes broadcast showcased much of the excellence -- and silliness -- of Hollywood's award season. And it provided plenty of fodder on social media for users to weigh in on. Here is a sampling.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight Show' debut: Social media reacts