- Alaska Sockeye Salmon is here These days, everywhere you turn, you hear health professionals encouraging consumption of "fatty fish" like salmon due to their omega-3 fats and associated health benefits. Fatty fish are a rich source of DHA and EPA omega-3 fats, which are associate
Nutrition from the ground up
National Nutrition Month offers opportunity for renewed focus on healthy diets.
In the kitchen with Mary Ann Reiter
Fresh-baked means preparations ahead of time for Ottumwa cook
- Baking a friendship
- Eastern cook ‘adapts’ recipes when beaches are not available to pick up clams
- Bowersox serving up the food at Bloomfield Senior Center
- In the kitchen with Kimi OTTUMWA — Just because you don’t like tomatoes doesn’t mean you can’t do some great canning. “I love to cook. That’s my favorite thing to do,” said Kimi Hull of Ottumwa. This summer, she’s become known for her generosity with jar after jar of salsa, and giving lots of garden-grown tomatoes to friends and family.
- Family is a ‘Handy’ ingredient OTTUMWA — Beatrice “Bea” Handy cooks for one reason only — Family. “One chief ingredient you can’t buy is love,” she said.