- Iowa Sports
- Iowa coach Ferentz suspends son from team University of Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz has suspended his son from the Hawkeyes football team after he was cited for drinking underage.
- Slumping Badgers to face Iowa These are trying times for Wisconsin.
Cornhuskers, Cyclones renew acquaintances in Ames
It was the same old story for nearly a century. Nebraska would roll into Jack Trice Stadium with a lofty national ranking and proceed to throttle Iowa State; the Cyclones playing the role of the fly on the Cornhuskers windshield.
That isn’t true anymore.
Life after Beijing a (gold) rush for Johnson
Iowan Shawn Johnson has been home a grand total of four days since the Beijing Olympics, she misses her dog and cats terribly, and her schedule is so hectic she needs to look at a calendar just to be sure what day of the week it is.
She wouldn’t change her second place at the Olympics for a second.
- Hawkeyes flying high after win Iowa enters this week’s preparation for Wisconsin with a well-deserved spring in its step. After three weeks of close calls, near misses and agonizing defeats, the Hawkeyes finally broke through against Indiana.
- Freshman to back up Arnaud at ISU By all accounts, Jerome Tiller is a strong-armed quarterback who can run, works hard and is an unselfish team player.
- Hawkeye cagers hope for improvement Todd Lickliter’s first season at Iowa wasn’t pretty. Not only did the Hawkeyes lose a school-record 19 games, they drew the smallest average home crowds in the history of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Iowa pulls away from Hoosiers Iowa may finally have learned its lesson: One way to avoid close losses is to put opponents away when you get the chance.
- Baylor breaks 13-game Big 12 losing streak at Iowa State's expense Baylor freshman quarterback Robert Griffin was still on the ground after taking a crushing blow from a blitzing linebacker when he heard the cheers.
- Northern Iowa downs Illinois State Pat Grace ran for two scores and passed for two more to lead Northern Iowa to a 31-17 win over Illinois State Saturday in the Missouri Valley Football Conference.
- More Iowa Sports Headlines