Has “Communist America” gone “crazy?”
I have a confession to make. As a lad ... I took guns ... in my car ... to high school. (GASP!) The guns were a pistol, rifle and shotgun ... all semi-automatics ... today they’d be called “assault weapons.” (YIKES!) And, so did many of my friends. (SHRIEK!) And, AND ... no one cared. (HUH???!!!)
Like many kids my age, I had a trapline and loved to hunt. In the mornings I’d run my traps ... going home I’d stop to hunt. No one was concerned ... because back then the words “school” and “shooting” were never used in the same sentence. Back then ... America had not yet lost its mind. Back then ... crazy people were openly labeled as “crazy” ... and dealt with accordingly. Back then ... we didn’t have a politically correct mental heath industry trying to convince us that being crazy ... was just like any other disease. (I don’t recall sleeping with one eye open ... after hearing that my neighbor had just been diagnosed with diabetes.)
Obama has a close friend and advisor by the name of Rahm Emmanuel. Rahm’s most famous quote is: “Never let a good crisis go to waste.” As Obama was shedding crocodile tears over the insane Connecticut school shooting ... his heart was gleefully racing over the opportunities offered by this very real, INSANE, crisis.
Obama, Democrats and the mainstream media are taking full advantage of this “perfect storm” ... to drop the hammer on all American gun owners. Like all good Communists ... they fear and despise an armed citizenry. It is just that simple!
And, until America returns to its once-sane state ... arming teachers is the only answer to slowing the school shooting phenomena. Welcome to today’s America ... like it or not ... it is indeed ... just that simple!
Has “Communist America” gone “crazy?”
- Letters to the Editor
- Why close plant when it could be cleaned up? Doe Run Company, south of St. Louis, is the third-largest lead smelter in the world and the only one in the western hemisphere. They provide for the lead demand in the U.S. and are a major contributor to the world market. On Dec. 31, they close due
- Collect lids and fight breast cancer The Southeast Iowa Affiliate of Susan G. Komen represents a 10-county area in its fight to end breast cancer. Your local affiliate is fighting for the screening and treatment programs that save lives and the research that brings us closer to a cure.
- Who are Tea Party Patriots? First and foremost, if you love God, you may be a Tea Party Patriot. Second, if you love this country we call the United States of America, you may be a Tea Party Patriot. Third, if you value freedom and all the people in our past and present who hav
- Branstad, please use the heart God gave you To Gov. Terry Branstad of Iowa: Please use the heart that God gave you. I am a senior citizen who is suffering needlessly because you have outlawed the only substance that can take away my horrible pain and discomfort. Pharmaceutical narcotics are in
- Library doing many great things for the community This past week was National Friends of the Library week. Here in Ottumwa, our public library would not be able to provide all the materials, resources and programming that it does without the support and assistance provided by our local Ottumwa Publ
- It's up to you to make Ottumwa great If a person were truly honest with themselves every time they bought something they would ask, "Am I getting my money's worth?" If the person selling would truly be honest with themselves they might ask, "Have I met or exceeded my customers' expectat
- Life too complex My knowledge of electronics stops with the on and off switch. I was persuaded to try a new-fangled cell phone. One of the more simple ones. It takes pictures, prints them, records day, date, time. Tells me where I am, where I should be, how I got the
- Think before voting We just had a Sara Palin type month. Now I hear that the Tea Party wants to take over the Republican Party. They think we have too much government. People out of work, not their problem. People living on the streets, they don't care. The Tea Party th
- Why micromanage Halloween? I take no pleasure in composing this letter. Once again another year, the Ottumwa police have made their draconian edict of setting the date and hours for beggars night. It's too bad that even a volunteer kids' holiday has fallen under the auspices o
- Lazio for mayor Elect Tom Lazio Mayor of Ottumwa and the city will have a full-time mayor dedicated to listening and communicating with all citizens. The Mayor of Ottumwa is most importantly the face of the city for prospective employers, current employers and state
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines