OTTUMWA — Monday is the state and federal holiday to observe Veterans Day, and there will be many closures and schedule changes on the city and county levels for the day.
City trash and recycling routes normally collected on Mondays will be picked up on Tuesday next week. Bulky items and yard waste normally collected on Tuesdays will be picked up on Thursday next week. All customers are reminded to have their items set out on the curb by 4 a.m. on their collection day.
Ottumwa Transit buses will be operating regular routes and schedules on the holiday. Ottumwa Transit is offering free rides to all veterans and their families on Monday. To qualify for the free rides, veterans must declare their branch of service.
City offices and facilities closed on Monday for the holiday include:
• City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed.
• The Ottumwa Police Department Records Desk will be closed.
• Ottumwa Water and Hydro offices will be closed.
• The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court St. will be closed.
• Ottumwa/Wapello Recycling Center and the Ottumwa/Wapello Landfill will be closed.
• The Ottumwa Public Library will be closed.
In addition, Wapello County offices will be closed Monday in observance of Veterans Day.