Once inside the school building, Harper says students are going to find a great environment in which to learn and grow.
"We're going to have a great year at Evans Middle School. I told Dr. Eidahl that when we look at this facility and this staff, there's no reason we can't shoot for the moon and reach it," he said.
New traffic flow at Evans Middle School
• Before school - Yellow school buses will drop off seventh- and eighth-grade students in front of the gym doors and sixth-grade students in front of the auditorium doors on Chester Avenue. Sixth-grade parents only may drop students off directly in front of the auditorium. Seventh- and eighth-grade parents may drop students off on Evans Boulevard. No parking will be allowed.
• During school (8:10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.), parents must pick up or drop off students in front of the main entrance.
• After school (2:45-3:15 p.m.), yellow buses will load students in front of the school from the corner of Chester Avenue and Ferry Street to the school parking lot. Parent pick-up for all students is located south and west of the main entrance on Evans Boulevard.
• Please do not drop off or pick up your child on Ferry Street. This is a safety concern with the amount of traffic on that road.
• No vehicles will be allowed to park in the fire lane by the main entrance.