PHOTO: OHS JROTC fundraiser
The Ottumwa High School JROTC (Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps) program’s 30 students served a fundraiser steak dinner to a line of people all the way out the door at the National Guard Armory Thursday night.
- Local News
- Eldon rich with holiday happenings ELDON — There are a slew of holiday happenings going on around Eldon over the next few days that will surely keep anyone in the holiday spirit. This weekend is bound to be one of the busiest for those around Eldon, with all of the fun kicking off on
- Eddyville library board seeks more money EDDYVILLE — Larry Leatherman, vice president of the Eddyville Public Library Board, requested a $1,000 increase in funding this week from the Eddyville City Council for the upcoming fiscal year. Leatherman presented the board’s annual report. He n
- Four plead not guilty in drug case OTTUMWA — The four people charged last week with selling synthetic marijuana have pleaded not guilty. Jesse Leon, Brooke Ellis, Christopher Wood and Nathan Noe face a range of charges in the case, in which authorities say they were selling K2. Office
Slideshow: DARE graduation
- Budget hearing again quiet OTTUMWA -- Tuesday evening was the second chance for Ottumwans to voice their opinion on the Fiscal Year 2015 Ottumwa City Budget. Just like the previous public hearing about the budget, which was held before the City Council meeting on Nov. 19, no o
- Singing, eating and gift buying OTTUMWA — Need some assistance trying to find a gift for a loved one? Or, do you like to listen to local recording artists sing holiday tunes? If either applies to you, head to The Little Bake Shop and Elegance by Design Christmas Open House tomorrow
The Grinch stole their Christmas
OTTUMWA — One Ottumwa family’s holiday season was made significantly more difficult this year after they discovered the house they were moving out of had been broken into. Just like out of Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas, thieves knocked d
- Temperatures set to plummet this week OTTUMWA — Winter in Iowa sometimes means you get a big dose of the bad with the good. The upcoming week is a case in point. The good news: forecasters don’t expect much, if any, snow in the area for the next several days. The bad news: the bottom is
Albia derailment details released
ALBIA — Seven cars came off the tracks in a derailment at Albia on Sunday, but no one was injured in the incident.
- Police seek data about stabbing OTTUMWA --- Police investigators are still trying to work out details of what happened in a stabbing at the end of last week. Ottumwa Police Lieutenant Jason Bell said the victim was cut, and that there had been someone else involved. But because it'
- More Local News Headlines