---- — OTTUMWA — The state and federal New Year's Day holiday is Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
Curbside trash and recycling normally collected on Wednesday will be picked up on Thursday. County customers trash and recycling pickup will be on Tuesday. Bulky item collection for both north and south sides of town the week of New Year's will be on Tuesday. The deadline to call in for pick up is 4 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30.
A number of municipal government offices and services will be closed including:
• City of Ottumwa departments and offices at City Hall will be closed Wednesday.
• The Ottumwa Public Library will be closing at 5 p.m. on Tuesday and will be closed all day Wednesday.
• Ottumwa Water and Hydro Offices will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
• The Ottumwa, Calvary and Jewish Cemetery office at 1302 N. Court St. will be closed Wednesday.
• The Ottumwa Police Department Records Desk will be closed Wednesday.
• The Ottumwa/ Wapello Landfill and Recycling Center will be closed Wednesday.
• Ottumwa Transit buses will be running normal routes and schedules on Tuesday. There will be no Ottumwa Transit bus service on Wednesday.
• All county offices will be closed Wednesday.