OTTUMWA — A bake sale by the Hospice Auxiliary of Wapello & Davis Counties will be held from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 17 in the lobby at the Ottumwa Clinic.
- News in brief
- Richland blood drive Aug. 18 RICHLAND — The Richland community will be hosting a blood drive from 2-6:30 p.m. Aug. 18 inside the parish center at Mother Cabrini Church, 306 W. Main. St. Donors who last gave blood on or before June 23 are eligible to donate. To schedule an appoin
Nails prompt police to call for tire checks
OTTUMWA — When police were called for a report of nails in the road Wednesday they didn't expect quite as many as they found, or how far they went.
Weather roller coaster not over yet
OTTUMWA — Extreme heat may have broken for southeast Iowa, but hotter weather will return later this week.
- Municipal Band 'Fantasty' Concert Thursday OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa Municipal Band will continue its 2014 summer season at 7 p.m. tonight in Central Park. This week, the band will be performing its “Fantasy Concert,” in which many of the selections come from musicals or movies which were based o
- Public meeting about Quincy Ave. project Thursday OTTUMWA — A public information meeting on the Quincy Avenue Reconstruction Project will be held at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers at City Hall, 105 E. Third St. The project will be on Quincy Avenue from Albia Road to Highway 34. Business owne
- Governor honors water and wastewater workers OTTUMWA — Gov. Terry Branstad has proclaimed July 20-26, 2014 as "Water and Wastewater Workers of Iowa Week." This week is set aside for cities and towns to honor those workers in the water and wastewater industry for their daily environmental work i
- Skateboarders and bicyclists reminded of rules OTTUMWA — Parents of youth who skate or bike are asked to remind their children about these rules of the road. • Skateboards, bicycles and roller skates may be used on the sidewalks in residential areas, but riders must always yield the right of way
'Sez Who' to perform at 'Live After Five'
OTTUMWA — South Ottumwa Savings Bank continues “Live After Five” at 5 p.m. Friday with “Sez Who” performing in Central Park. “Sez Who” has been performing together for 14 years and plays vintage rock plus a few country numbers. Chris Black, bass and
- Surprise storm precedes hot day
- Lake Darling events moved to picnic shelter BRIGHTON — All events for the Lake Darling ribbon cutting will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the first boat ramp parking lot area picnic shelter. This will provide protection from the weather and provide for better traffic flow.
- More News in brief Headlines