---- — ALBIA — A community health fair will be held from 6-10:30 a.m. Oct. 16 in the "A" Gym at Albia High School.
The Albia Community School District, Monroe County Hospital and Clinics and Monroe County Public Health are working collaboratively to provide the community with access to health education and health screenings in one convenient location. The goal of this health fair is to increase awareness through education, promote positive health behaviors and encourage early detection and treatment of disease.
The following services will be available:
• Wellness laboratory testing through Collaborative Lab Services from Ottumwa for $28. Participants are encouraged to be fasting for the tests. All results will be sent directly to the participant within two weeks.
• Flu vaccinations for $25 administered to adults age 64 years and under by Monroe County Hospital and Clinics. Medicare Part B will be accepted with presentation of the appropriate card for accurate billing.
• Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccinations for $45 administered by Monroe County Public Health, as well as flu vaccinations for adults age 65 and older.
• Vision and glaucoma screening provided by Dr. William Adler.
• Height, weight and blood pressure screening.
In addition, health and wellness education will be provided by the following area vendors:
• Financial Wellness: AFLAC, Peoples State Bank and Community First Credit Union
• Health: Iowa Heart Dietitian, Cindy Conroy; Diabetes Education, Lori Vitko, ARNP; Sarver Chiropractic Clinic; Hy-Vee Food Store, dietitian and pharmacy; MCHC Radiology — mammography, MCHC paramedics; environmental health; massage therapy, Shelley Bear and Joyce Mosley; Albia Hardcourt Association; Homestead Assisted Living and Oakwood Nursing & Rehab.
• Safety and Prevention: Albia Police Department, Monroe County Tobacco Coalition, Parents as Teachers, Iowa Immunization Coalition and NuCara.
Pre-registration and appointments for the laboratory testing are not necessary.
For more information or questions, please call Kay Cosgrove at the ACSD Central Office at 641-932-2161 extension 102 or visit the Albia Community School District website at www.albia.k12.ia.us.