OTTUMWA — Motorists are advised that North Court Street, between Fifth Street and Washington Street, will be closed today while a new water main is installed. This work is conjunction with the East Court Street Project. Motorists will need to seek alternate routes around the work zone. North Court Street should reopen to regular traffic by the end of the day.
- News in brief
- Vintage Dayz in Cantrill CANTRIL — Vintage Dayz in Cantril will be held Thursday through Saturday. A 31 Tournament starts the activities at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Watering Hole located near the Cantril Ball Diamond. Friday night, the Fox River Fields Band will be playing at
'Live After Five' to feature 'The Crushers'
OTTUMWA — South Ottumwa Savings Bank’s “Live After Five” series continues at 5 p.m. Friday with “The Crushers,” who are back for their second year because of their popularity in 2013. Formed in 2008, “The Crushers “ were an all-employee band of Al-jo
- Final Off-Road Antiques Road Show Sunday BONAPARTE — Bonaparte Main Street Inc. will host its 10th and final Off-Road Antiques Show Sunday at the Whiteley Opera House, 614 First St., Bonaparte. Doors will open at noon with show hours from 1-4 pm. This is an unique opportunity to have items
- Polishville announces August schedule POLISHVILLE — The Polishville Community Center has announced its events for August. • Sunday: Annual bazaar. Dinner will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with a raffle at 1:30 p.m. • Aug. 13: Lunch and Bingo, second Wednesday of the month only. Lunch w
- WCCB hosting two August events OTTUMWA — The Wapello County Conservation Board is hosting two events in August. Aug. 5 – Toddler Camp: Water Wonders. Water is a very important part of our world. Use hands-on activities to find out what makes water so special. Come dressed to get a
- Eddyville Party in the Park Saturday EDDYVILLE — Eddyville Central Park will be filled with music, laugher, a movie, food and lots of fun Saturday evening. Bring your lawn chairs and come join your friends for a fun filled evening. At 6 p.m., the Eddyville Garden Club and the Historical
- Iowa counties declared federal disaster areas WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster exists in Iowa and has ordered federal aid to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the area affected by severe storms, tornadoes, straight-line winds and flooding during the
Foreman: Techel case a 'slam dunk'
DAVENPORT (AP) — The foreman of a jury that convicted an Iowa man of killing his pregnant wife says the prosecution's case was a "slam dunk" even if the investigation had flaws. Thom Nelson told The Associated Press that the evidence showed "there
- Northey to speak Cedar Creek meeting AGENCY — Residents in the Buckeye Creek, Competine Creek and Wolf Creek watersheds are invited to attend a community kickoff meeting to learn more about the Cedar Creek Partnership Water Quality Initiative Targeted Watershed Demonstration Project, a
- 4-H Expo awards announced OTTUMWA — Participants of last week's various shows at the Wapello County 4-H Expo received many awards. Here are the Livestock awards. Beef Show: Alan Angle: Three blue ribbons, Reserve Champion Beef Ultrasound trophy. Kacey Beinhard: One blue ribbo
- More News in brief Headlines