- News in brief
- Donations sought for school supplies OTTUMWA — Ottumwa YMCA is collecting school supplies for needy students in the Ottumwa area. From Friday through Aug. 9, anyone can donate new school supplies by placing their donations in the collection bin in the YMCA’s lobby. Students’ school supp
- Stroke, osteoporosis screenings in September OTTUMWA — Residents living in and around the Ottumwa area can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. Knights of Columbus will host a Life Line Screening on Sept. 10 at 123 W. Third St. Four key points every person need
- Final municipal band concert of the season OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa Municipal Band will perform its final concert of the 2014 season at 7 p.m. Thursday in Central Park. The band will be performing a “C” concert, as in “See You Next Year.” Every piece selected by band director Brenda Hagedon has
- Lunsford reunion Saturday HEDRICK — Descendants of William Monroe Lunsford and Mary (Brunk) Lunsford will gather Saturday at the Hedrick American Legion, 112 Main St. The building is handicapped-accesible. A meal will be shared at 12:30 p.m. with baskets of Lunsford cooking.
- Women's Connection to meet Aug. 11 OSKALOOSA — Oskaloosa Women's Connection invites all ladies to join them at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at The Peppertree Restaurant. Daryl and Maria Martin, formerly from Oskaloosa, will bring bits of their world travel experiences as the feature, and they wi
- Valves installed to reduce water main breaks OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa Water Works has experienced an increase in water main breaks this month. The Greenwood Tank on the south side has been taken out of service for rehabilitation inside and out. It will be out of service for another three months.
- Vintage Dayz in Cantrill CANTRIL — Vintage Dayz in Cantril will be held Thursday through Saturday. A 31 Tournament starts the activities at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Watering Hole located near the Cantril Ball Diamond. Friday night, the Fox River Fields Band will be playing at
'Live After Five' to feature 'The Crushers'
OTTUMWA — South Ottumwa Savings Bank’s “Live After Five” series continues at 5 p.m. Friday with “The Crushers,” who are back for their second year because of their popularity in 2013. Formed in 2008, “The Crushers “ were an all-employee band of Al-jo
- Final Off-Road Antiques Road Show Sunday BONAPARTE — Bonaparte Main Street Inc. will host its 10th and final Off-Road Antiques Show Sunday at the Whiteley Opera House, 614 First St., Bonaparte. Doors will open at noon with show hours from 1-4 pm. This is an unique opportunity to have items
- Polishville announces August schedule POLISHVILLE — The Polishville Community Center has announced its events for August. • Sunday: Annual bazaar. Dinner will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with a raffle at 1:30 p.m. • Aug. 13: Lunch and Bingo, second Wednesday of the month only. Lunch w
- More News in brief Headlines