- News in brief
'Sez Who' to perform at 'Live After Five'
OTTUMWA — South Ottumwa Savings Bank continues “Live After Five” at 5 p.m. Friday with “Sez Who” performing in Central Park. “Sez Who” has been performing together for 14 years and plays vintage rock plus a few country numbers. Chris Black, bass and
- Surprise storm precedes hot day
- Lake Darling events moved to picnic shelter BRIGHTON — All events for the Lake Darling ribbon cutting will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the first boat ramp parking lot area picnic shelter. This will provide protection from the weather and provide for better traffic flow.
- Smith-Sutton reunion Sunday DRAKESVILLE — The 79th annual Smith-Sutton reunion will be held at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the Drakesville Park, Drakesville. A co-op dinner will be served. Activities this year include a softball game and several kids' games with prizes. All family and
- USS Missouri reunion Sept. 17-23 KISSIMMEE, Fla. — Shipmates that served aboard the USS Missouri (BB-63) will hold their 41st annual reunion at the Ramada Gateway Hotel in Kissimmee, Florida, Sept. 17-23. All veterans and interested parties along with their family and friends are in
- Richmond, Milner intersection closing OTTUMWA — Drivers are advised that the intersection of Richmond Avenue and Milner Street will be closed to all traffic beginning Wednesday. Construction crews will be installing a new pressure main starting at the pump station and continuing down Mil
- Time to register for Indian Hills Tech Camp OTTUMWA — There are still slots available for the Tech Camp being hosted by Indian Hills Community College the week of July 28. Students entering seventh through 10th grades have until noon Thursday to sign up. Camp participants will have the chance
- 5th annual Rummage Mania July 31-Aug. 2 CENTERVILLE — You shop, you pick, you pay. New Hope Counseling Center's Rummage Mania is that simple. There are no price tags — you set your own price. Rummage Mania will be open from 2-6 p.m. July 31, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Aug. 1 and 7:30 a.m. to n
- YMCA annual dinner, auction Friday OTTUMWA — The YMCA's annual campaign auction and dinner will be held at 5:30 p.m. Friday at the Indian Hills Community College campus cafeteria. "Monopoly, Fundraiser Edition" begins with a social time, then the silent auction and food court will ope
- School registrations scheduled OTTUMWA — Parents with students who have not registered for the 2014-15 school year in Ottumwa need to attend the following registrations. • Elementary students who did not pre-register may register Aug. 6 at their elementary school between 9 a.m. an
- More News in brief Headlines
- 'Sez Who' to perform at 'Live After Five'