- Ricky Fenton OSKALOOSA — Ricky Fenton, 65, of Oskaloosa, died the afternoon of July 15, 2014, at Jefferson Place in Pella. As was Ricky’s wish, his body has been cremated, and his ashes will be buried privately at Friends Cemetery in Oskaloosa. Memorials may be m
- Ruth Stocker OTTUMWA — Ruth J. Stocker, 99, of Ottumwa, died July 16, 2014, at Taylor House Hospice in Des Moines. She was born February 5, 1915, in Malvern, Iowa, to William and Emily Olson Lutz. She married Donald R. Stocker on July 3, 1937. He preceded her i
- Betty Klone BLAKESBURG — Betty Laurene Klone, 89, of Blakesburg, died peacefully the evening of July 15, 2014, at the Ridgewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center of Ottumwa. Betty was born on Dec. 15, 1924, in Eddyville, the daughter of John and Dora (Bown) Waters
- Lloyd Durflinger OTTUMWA — Lloyd W. Durflinger, 76, of 11758 50th Ave., died at 5:45 p.m. July 15, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. He was born November 13, 1937, in rural Ottumwa to George O. and Garnett E. Davidson Durflinger. He
- Russell Smeltzer SIGOURNEY — Russell E. Smeltzer, 69, died July 15, 2014, at this home in Sigourney. Survivors are his wife Judy; two daughters, Amy Mclaughlin of Wayland and Robyn Miover of Sigourney; and four grandchildren. Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.
- Donald Wagner OTTUMWA — Donald Eugene Wagner, 86, died July 11, 2014, at Boone Hospital Center in Columbia, Missouri, after a brief illness. Born to Lawrence H. Wagner and Bertha Hill on Sept. 12, 1927, in Ottumwa. He married Margie Lou Nicholson on Oct. 29, 1948.
- Jimmie McElroy OTTUMWA — Jimmie Lee McElroy, 64 of 826 W. Third St., died at 7:53 p.m. July 14, 2014, at Ottumwa Regional Health Center. He was born September 12, 1949, in Fort Benning, Georgia, to Marion and Vada Bernice Bartlow McElroy. He married Vera Moffatt o
- Alex LeGrande OTTUMWA — Alex H. LeGrande, 82, of 521 S. Ransom St., died July 14, 2014, at home. He was born August 10, 1931, in Ottumwa to Paul E. and Dorothy Sells LeGrande. He married Naomi Hill on October 23, 1954. A graduate of Ottumwa High School, Alex serv
- Staff Sgt. Robert Howard MOULTON — Staff Sgt. Robert E. Howard died April 16, 1945, in East Germany while serving his country during World War II. Graveside services with full military honors will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Sunset View Cemetery north of Moulton; Rev.
PACKWOOD — "Vee" Vera M. Shaffer, 67, of Janesville, died July 2, 2014, at her home. Inurnment service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Prairie Center Cemetery in Packwood.
- More Obituaries Headlines