- Dottie Harding OTTUMWA — Dottie E. Harding, 74, of 545 Ray St., died February 6, 2014, at her home. She was born October 19, 1939, in Ottumwa to Ellsworth and Edna Flathers Harland. She married Paul Harding on January 5, 1957. Dottie is survived by her husband, Pa
- Margie Lamp MELROSE — Margie Lee Lamp, 92, of Melrose, died Feb. 8, 2014, at the Monroe County Hospital in Albia. As was Margie’s wish, her body has been cremated, and a celebration of life service will be held in Des Moines in May.
- Lafe Culver OTTUMWA — Lafe F. Culver, 87, formerly of Ottumwa, died Jan. 25, 2014, in Troutdale, Ore. A memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 19 at the River Road Church of Christ, Ottumwa.
- John Dabney BLOOMFIELD — John D. Dabney, 95, of Bloomfield, died Feb. 9, 2014, at the Bloomfield Care Center. He was born Nov. 30, 1918, in Bloomfield to Otis L. and Iris A. Cozad Dabney. He married Madlyn Gleam Day Aug. 12, 1942, in Waynesville, Mo. He served
- Kristi Merchant BLAKESBURG — Kristi S. Merchant, 58, of Blakesburg, died at 3:37 a.m. February 6, 2014, at Ottumwa Regional Health Center. She was born February 10, 1955, in Ottumwa to Jake and Edna Phillipson Thompson. Kristi was a 1973 graduate of Ottumwa High Sch
- Carole Allen OTTUMWA — Carole D. Allen, 68, of Cody, Wyo., passed away Jan. 30, 2014, while surrounded by family at Spirit Mountain Hospice House. Carole was born June 12, 1945, to Glen and Keitha Wilbanks in Ottumwa. She graduated from Ottumwa High School in 196
- Dottie Harding OTTUMWA — Dottie E. Harding, 74, of 545 Ray St., died February 6, 2014, at her home. Arrangements are pending at Reece Funeral Home.
OTTUMWA — Meryl Dean Nichols, 81, of Ottumwa, passed away on Feb. 5, 2014, at the Ottumwa Regional Health Center in Ottumwa. Meryl was born on Feb. 10, 1932, the son of Dick and Elizabeth (Kesucker) Nichols in DeWitt, Ill. He proudly served his count
- Ruben Reyes OTTUMWA — Ruben Jimenez Reyes, 53, of 562 S. Moore St., died at 6:20 a.m. February 7, 2014, at the VA Central Health Care System in Iowa City. He was born October 28, 1960, in Michaucan, Mexico, to Jesus and Alidia Hernandez Reyes. He married Glenda
- Kenneth Dick KEOSAUQUA — Kenneth Wayne Dick, 56, passed away Feb. 4, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics from the complications of multiple myeloma. He was born May 16, 1957, to Barbara Barker Robertson, of Warsaw, Ill., and Richard W. Dick of M
- More Obituaries Headlines