- Russell Smeltzer SIGOURNEY — Russell E. Smeltzer, 69, died July 15, 2014, at this home in Sigourney. Survivors are his wife Judy; two daughters, Amy Mclaughlin of Wayland and Robyn Miover of Sigourney; and four grandchildren. Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.
- Donald Wagner OTTUMWA — Donald Eugene Wagner, 86, died July 11, 2014, at Boone Hospital Center in Columbia, Missouri, after a brief illness. Born to Lawrence H. Wagner and Bertha Hill on Sept. 12, 1927, in Ottumwa. He married Margie Lou Nicholson on Oct. 29, 1948.
- Jimmie McElroy OTTUMWA — Jimmie Lee McElroy, 64 of 826 W. Third St., died at 7:53 p.m. July 14, 2014, at Ottumwa Regional Health Center. He was born September 12, 1949, in Fort Benning, Georgia, to Marion and Vada Bernice Bartlow McElroy. He married Vera Moffatt o
- Alex LeGrande OTTUMWA — Alex H. LeGrande, 82, of 521 S. Ransom St., died July 14, 2014, at home. He was born August 10, 1931, in Ottumwa to Paul E. and Dorothy Sells LeGrande. He married Naomi Hill on October 23, 1954. A graduate of Ottumwa High School, Alex serv
- Staff Sgt. Robert Howard MOULTON — Staff Sgt. Robert E. Howard died April 16, 1945, in East Germany while serving his country during World War II. Graveside services with full military honors will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Sunset View Cemetery north of Moulton; Rev.
PACKWOOD — "Vee" Vera M. Shaffer, 67, of Janesville, died July 2, 2014, at her home. Inurnment service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Prairie Center Cemetery in Packwood.
- Mada Griffin FAIRFIELD — Mada Irene Griffin died July 13, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics. A celebration of life will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Fairfield VFW. Cremains will be buried at a later date. In lieu of flowers a memor
- Helen Terrell ALBIA — Helen E. Terrell, 87, of Albia, died July 14, 2014, at the Monroe County Hospital in Albia. Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Trinity United Methodist Church in Albia; Pastor Richard Grimes officiating. Burial will follow i
- Walter Swailes KEOSAUQUA — Walter Leroy Swailes, 91, of Holmen, Wisconsin, formerly of Keosauqua, died July 12, 2014, at Bluffview Memory Care in Holmen. A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Pedrick Funeral Home, Keosauqua; Rev. Douglas Harding off
- Ada Myers KEOSAUQUA — Ada J. Myers, 96, of Keosauqua, died Jan. 31, 2014. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Our Savior Lutheran Church, Keosauqua; Rev. Steven Rasmussen officiating. Burial of cremains will be in Fellows Cemetery, Keosauq
- More Obituaries Headlines