Order of response in Techel case
The order of other events in the response to the home of the Techels, according to a squad car dash camera:
• The deputy was dispatched to a call of a female who was not breathing.
• The dispatcher then said it was a possible shooting. The deputy stopped at the bottom of the driveway and retrieved an assault rifle from a locked compartment in his squad car.
• The deputy arrived at the home and quickly scanned the rural Agency house to make sure there were no armed assailants.
• When he saw a paramedic performing CPR by himself, he ran back to the car, put away his rifle, then ran back in to assist with the resuscitation effort.
• When they determined the victim was deceased, the deputy recovered his rifle and, with assistance from another deputy, began a more detailed search for a gunman or other hidden person.