INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. ELLSWORTH
Time and Place: 7 p.m tonight at The Hellyer Student Life Center in Ottumwa.
Broadcast Info: The game will be carried live on KMGO radio (98.7 FM) and on the Internet at www.kmgo.com.
Records: 10th-ranked Indian Hills is 7-1 overall. Ellsworth, a Division II Juco school from Iowa Falls, is 5-2.
Panthers Prowl: Ellsworth has won four of its last five games, including a 104-96 victory over Concordia, Texas on Thanksgiving Eve.
Oh, Canada: Guard Malcolm Canada leads the Panthers in scoring with just under 19 points per game, including a 27 point performance against Concordia.
Holiday Pay: Indian Hills finished 2-1 on its recent Thanksgiving weekend road trip, picking up a big win in overtime at Salt Lake City but falling in overtime to Southern Idaho. Coach Barret Peery felt his team learned a lot about themselves in their first long road trip despite a disappointing end to the week.
McKay Shines: Despite battling illness, IHCC’s Jameel McKay led the Warriors with 19 points and 20 rebounds against Southern Idaho and 11 points and 15 boards against Salt Lake.
Coach Peery says: “I think we’ll tell the guys we’ll keep our heads held high. We had to battle through a lot of adversity this week. We gained a lot from this trip. We can’t win a national tournament in November, but this can help us win one in March.”
INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. ELLSWORTH
- Iowa High School State Baseball Tournament CLASS 1A Friday, July 25 Quarterfinals No. 2 Newman Catholic 7, No. 7 BGM 1 No. 6 Don Bosco 2, No. 8 Martensdale-St. Marys 1 Saturday, July 26 Quarterfinals No. 1 Twin Cedars 7, Underwood 0 No. 5 Gehlen Catholic 3, Lone Tree 0 Thursday, July 31 Semif
- Ottumwa All-Star team advances to Midwest Regional OTTUMWA – The Ottumwa 15-year-old baseball all-star team captured the state championship thanks to an unbelievable pitching staff and near flawless defense. "Pitchers are really the strength of this team," Ottumwa coach Mike Budan said. "We have som
- Three Bulldogs chosen for all-district team OTTUMWA — Three Ottumwa Bulldogs and a slew of Twin Cedars players were selected for their respective Iowa High School All-District teams. The players named to all-district squads were chosen by the Iowa High School Baseball Coaches Association. Th
- New recruits bolster hopes for IHCC volleyball OTTUMWA — Indian Hills Community College volleyball coach Lyndsey Lyon feels confident she has an incoming recruiting class that will shore up some of the deficiencies of last year’s squad. Lyon has announced the addition of eight former Iowa high s
Sprint Speedweek starts Thursday on Knoxville
Hello race fans and welcome to The Pit Stop. Thursday night kicks off the 13th Annual Cox Design Iowa Speedweek for Sprint Cars, where there are nine nights of Sprint Car racing over 10 days scheduled between The Knoxville Raceway and The Southern Io
- Fairfield set for first state baseball game in 35 years FAIRFIELD — There have been a lot of good teams and a lot of good players that have worn Fairfield baseball uniforms since 1979. None of them, however, experienced what Narendra Martin, Joseph Hietpas and rest of the young men that wore Trojan black
- 2014 Iowa High School State Softball Tournament Monday, July 21 Class 3A Quarterfinals No. 2 East Marshall 4, Mid-Prairie 3 No. 9 Bondurant-Farrar 9, No. 13 West Burlington/Notre Dame 4 No. 3 Clarke 13, Spirit Lake 0 (3) Greene County 2, No. 6 Center Point-Urbana 0 Class 4A Quarterfinals No. 1 Dal
- Late-game scoring sends Sioux City to regionals CENTERVILLE — Grandview and Sioux City Headid battled back-and-forth through periodic rain showers Saturday in the state title game. In the end, it was Sioux City who emerged victorious after coming back from a 4-0 deficit. Sioux City’s Cael Boever w
- Iowa High School State Baseball Tournament Saturday Class 1A Quarterfinals No. 1 Twin Cedars 7, Underwood 0 Tuesday Class 3A Quarterfinals No. 5 Fairfield (30-7) vs. Dallas Center-Grimes (22-14), 8 p.m. (95.9 FM KKFD) Thusday Class 1A Semifinals No. 1 Twin Cedars (34-0) vs. No. 5 Gehlen Cat
- Perfect Start! DES MOINES – It didn’t take long for Corey Harrell to make an impact at the 2014 Iowa High School State Baseball Tournament. It took even less time for Harrell to double his impact for the unbeaten Twin Cedars Sabers. Harrell broke the seal on the th
- More Sports Headlines