INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. ELLSWORTH
Time and Place: 7 p.m tonight at The Hellyer Student Life Center in Ottumwa.
Broadcast Info: The game will be carried live on KMGO radio (98.7 FM) and on the Internet at www.kmgo.com.
Records: 10th-ranked Indian Hills is 7-1 overall. Ellsworth, a Division II Juco school from Iowa Falls, is 5-2.
Panthers Prowl: Ellsworth has won four of its last five games, including a 104-96 victory over Concordia, Texas on Thanksgiving Eve.
Oh, Canada: Guard Malcolm Canada leads the Panthers in scoring with just under 19 points per game, including a 27 point performance against Concordia.
Holiday Pay: Indian Hills finished 2-1 on its recent Thanksgiving weekend road trip, picking up a big win in overtime at Salt Lake City but falling in overtime to Southern Idaho. Coach Barret Peery felt his team learned a lot about themselves in their first long road trip despite a disappointing end to the week.
McKay Shines: Despite battling illness, IHCC’s Jameel McKay led the Warriors with 19 points and 20 rebounds against Southern Idaho and 11 points and 15 boards against Salt Lake.
Coach Peery says: “I think we’ll tell the guys we’ll keep our heads held high. We had to battle through a lot of adversity this week. We gained a lot from this trip. We can’t win a national tournament in November, but this can help us win one in March.”
INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. ELLSWORTH
- Big day for Hogue, McKay By KEVIN PINK IHCC Information Department Former IHCC teammates take part in ISU's big day at State Capitol Big day for Hogue, McKay
- Former OHS star Salgado signs with Converse College OTTUMWA -- Former Ottumwa star athlete Ashley Salgado has signed her National Letter of Intent to play women's basketball at Converse College, a NCAA Division II institution in Spartansburg, SC. Salgado played two seasons at Marshalltown Community Co
- Falcons remain in first after sweep at Muscatine MUSCATINE — Friday provided the first-place Indian Hills baseball team with two very different games at Muscatine. Fortunately for the Falcons, the results were the same. IHCC remained tied atop the region with Iowa Western after sweeping the first t
- Warrior golfers boast big lead at Illinois invite SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — After one round, the Indian Hills men's golf team boasts a 15-stroke lead in the Blue Boy Invitational Friday with a score of 296 strokes. Jakob Garstecki spearheaded the Warriors' success by firing the top score of the day at 72
- Warriors suffer sophomore day sweep to Southeastern OTTUMWA — Jim Overturf has been coaching junior college softball for over two decades. In that time, Overturf has seen over two decades worth of days dedicated to celebrating a departing class of sophomore players. In his experience, Overturf has see
- Albia boys have record-setting night at Waukee WAUKEE — Alex Schultz turned in a pair of outstanding performances at what ended up being a record-setting night for the Albia boys track and field team at the Waukee Invitational. Competing as the lone Class 2A school against some elite competition,
- Ottumwa AD talks about possible conference change OTTUMWA — Tom Kopatich has plenty of experience with the Southeast Conference. Kopatich, the athletic director for Ottumwa High School, coached the Ottumwa football team when the Bulldogs belonged to the conference. So what does he think about a pos
- On Tap Saturday Boys Soccer Ottumwa at Waterloo West Invitational, 9 a.m. Oskaloosa at Winterset Tournament, 10 a.m. College Golf Indian Hills at Buena Vista Spring Invitational (Storm Lake) College Baseball Indian Hills at Muscatine (DH), Noon College Softball Indi
- Ottumwa boys track ties for seventh in Urbandale URBANDALE — The Ottumwa boys track and field team tied for seventh place with Des Moines North at the Chuck Silvey Invitational at Urbandale Thursday with 11 points. The Bulldog boys 4x400 team of Roger Cruz, Matt Moreland, Jalen Strunk and Osha Wyl
- Clarification Clarification: The Ottumwa boys tennis team competes at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Dan Staggs Courts against Ankeny.
- More Sports Headlines