INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. ELLSWORTH
Time and Place: 7 p.m tonight at The Hellyer Student Life Center in Ottumwa.
Broadcast Info: The game will be carried live on KMGO radio (98.7 FM) and on the Internet at www.kmgo.com.
Records: 10th-ranked Indian Hills is 7-1 overall. Ellsworth, a Division II Juco school from Iowa Falls, is 5-2.
Panthers Prowl: Ellsworth has won four of its last five games, including a 104-96 victory over Concordia, Texas on Thanksgiving Eve.
Oh, Canada: Guard Malcolm Canada leads the Panthers in scoring with just under 19 points per game, including a 27 point performance against Concordia.
Holiday Pay: Indian Hills finished 2-1 on its recent Thanksgiving weekend road trip, picking up a big win in overtime at Salt Lake City but falling in overtime to Southern Idaho. Coach Barret Peery felt his team learned a lot about themselves in their first long road trip despite a disappointing end to the week.
McKay Shines: Despite battling illness, IHCC’s Jameel McKay led the Warriors with 19 points and 20 rebounds against Southern Idaho and 11 points and 15 boards against Salt Lake.
Coach Peery says: “I think we’ll tell the guys we’ll keep our heads held high. We had to battle through a lot of adversity this week. We gained a lot from this trip. We can’t win a national tournament in November, but this can help us win one in March.”
INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. ELLSWORTH
- Bulldog Wrestling Preview Ottumwa wrestling team competes in triangular against Fairfield and Washington Time and Place : 6 p.m. at Washington High School Records: Ottumwa is 3-1 in duals. Fairfield is 1-1. Washington is 2-0. Conner Mier Returns : Senior Conner Mier returns t
- Two area unbeatens play tight one; Fairfield boys edge Albia 58-56 FAIRFIELD – It might be early in the season, but Tuesday's boys’ basketball match-up featured two unbeaten teams when Albia (2-0) traveled to Fairfield (2-0) to take on the Trojans. It took until the final seconds to determine which one would remain
- Trojan bench big in win over Albia FAIRFIELD – Coaches constantly work to develop their team’s depth. The contributions off the bench often are critical to a team’s success. Injuries, sub-par performances from starters, and foul trouble can cause a coach to go to his bench early and o
- Ottumwa Bowling on Tap Ottumwa bowling girls/boys compete against Des Moines Lincoln and Indianola Time and Place: 3:45 p.m. at Bowlerama Lanes in Des Moines Records: The girls are 4-0. Bailey Palmer continues to shine: Palmer led Ottumwa by rolling a 196 average before sh
- EBF's Glosser earns 100th win; Rockets win at New London, Davis County BLOOMFIELD — How do you celebrate achieving 100 career victories on the high school wrestling mat? By going out and winning 101, of course. Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont junior Jeren Glosser picked up Tuesday right where he left off Saturday, where Gl
- Ottumwa girls' team falls short at home OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa girls' team once again came oh so close to picking up that elusive first victory Tuesday at Evans Middle School. But, alas, at the end of the game the score read: Washington 48, Ottumwa 47. Carrissa Hite had a monster night for
- Third-ranked Xavier starts strong in win over Ottumwa boys CEDAR RAPIDS — If you’re going to upset a top-ten team on their home floor, you’d better get off to a great start. That’s something that did not happen for the visiting Ottumwa boys basketball team at third-ranked (3A) Cedar Rapids Xavier on Tuesday
- Iowa Boys Basketball Prep Poll basketball The Top Ten teams in the Associated Press Iowa high school basketball poll with first-place votes in parentheses and won-loss record, total points and position last week at right: Class 4A Record Pts Prv 1. Iowa City, West (8) 2-0 94 - 2.
- Tuesday's Scores BOYS BASKETBALL Area Scores Cedar Rapids Xavier 71, Ottumwa 48 B-G-M, Brooklyn 64, North Mahaska, New Sharon 39 Centerville 60, Putnam County (Mo.) 55 Eldon Cardinal 70, Maharishi, Fairfield 55 Fairfield 58, Albia 56 Lamoni 89, Moravia 11 Montezuma 5
- On Tap Thursday Prep Bowling Ottumwa and Indianola at Des Moines Lincoln, 3:45 p.m. Prep Wrestling Ottumwa and Fairfield at Washington, 6 p.m. Clarke at Chariton, 5:30 p.m. Davis County at Knoxville, 5:30 p.m. Norwalk and Winterset at Oskaloosa, 5:30 p.m. Cardinal a
- More Sports Headlines