DES MOINES —
138 — Karsten Van Velsor, Ottumwa, vs. Jacob Woodward, Bettendorf.
120 – Shadow Leshen, Albia, vs. Doug Miner, Spirit Lake.
195 – Riley Denny, Centerville, vs. Keaton-Hulett, Creston/Orient-Macksburg.
132 — Blake Marolf, E-B-F, vs. Logan Loftus, Iowa Valley.
138 — Jason Crosby, E-B-F, vs. Kyle Blocker, West Marshall.
Today’s State Finals Matches Featuring Area Wrestlers
DES MOINES —
- The White Bass that saved the day OTTUMWA — It was time for a break. It was a lovely, Sunday afternoon and I'd spent the past couple of hours tooling around town taking pictures for the newspaper. While it was nice to be outside, I yearned to make the not-so-subtle switch from work
- Top-ranked Sabers headed to first state baseball final DES MOINES – Hits figured to be at a premium Thursday in the 1A state baseball semifinal matchup between Gehlen Catholic and Twin Cedars. Walks, hit batters and free bases were not. Coming off a brilliant outing on Saturday in which he shut out Lone
- State Baseball Tournament TuesdayClass 3A QuarterfinalsDallas Center-Grimes 3, No. 5 Fairfield 0 (9) ThursdayClass 1A SemifinalsNo. 1 Twin Cedars (34-0) vs. No. 5 Gehlen Catholic (30-3), 2 p.m. (104.9 FM KBOE)
- Three Bulldogs make all-state OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa softball team had three of its players named to a Class 5A All-State team by Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.Bulldog second baseman Ashlyn Thompson and Kassidi Henderson were voted to the all-state second team and Alexis W
- Prep Softball All-State Team Class 1A 1st Team All State Name School Grade Kayla Tindall Akron-Westfield 12 Dana Hedlund Akron-Westfield 12 Renee Maneman Newelll Fonda 12 Rachel Smith Exira/EHK
- Oh So Close! DES MOINES — Becoming the first Fairfield pitcher to start a state tournament game in 35 years didn’t seem to faze Trojan senior pitcher Joseph Hietpas. In fact, taking the mound at Principal Park in Des Moines seemed to only help Hietpas as he made
- Cedar Creek Ladies battle for low net score OTTUMWA — The Cedar Creek Ladies played "event low net score" on Tuesday. The medalist for the day was Carole Meredith while Patti Meyer and Ann Allison tied for low putts. In Flight A, Margo Sears finished in first place while Meredith finished seco
- Twin Cedars just two wins from perfection DES MOINES — The 33 wins in 33 games to get to state was nice. So was the 34th-straight win, earned Saturday over Underwood in the Class 1A State Baseball Quarterfinals. But as he walked through the stands with his team at Principal Park following th
- Huisman wraps up successful 38-year career at Centerville FAIRFIELD — Sometime later this summer, Bill Huisman will look back on his 38 seasons as Centerville head baseball coach with a big smile. In the immediate aftermath of what proved to be his final game as Big Reds head coach, however, all Huisman wan
- Ottumwa Little League team ends terrific season OTTUMWA — Chris Becker doesn't think it's sunk in yet. Becker, the coach of the Ottumwa 9-10 Midwest All Stars, said his players have yet to fully grasp the depths of what they've accomplished this season. With time, however, he thinks they will und
- More Sports Headlines