DES MOINES —
120 — Jeren Glosser, SO, LOST dec. 5-3 in one OT to Kyler Kiner, Ogden, JR in the quarterfinals. WON by fall 3:15 over Tucker Blumi, Riverside, Oakland; SO., in consolations. WON by fall 0:41 over JD Rader, South Hamilton, Jewell; SO, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jake Hunerdosse (Southeast Warren).
132 — Blake Marolf, SO, WON dec. 8-1 over Conner Shulista, Alburnett, FR, in quarterfinals. WON dec. 5-3 over Dylan Rhoads, Don Bosco, Gilbertville; SR, in semifinals NEXT: Finals today vs. Logan Loftus (Iowa Valley, Marengo).
138 — Jason Crosby, SR, WON dec. 3-1 over Brady Meyer, Sumner-Fredericksburg, SR, in quarterfinals. WON by dec. 5-3 over Payton Rice, Manson NW Webster; JR, in semifinals. NEXT: Finals today vs. Kyle Blocker (W. Marshall, State Center).
145 — Tucker Black, JR, WON dec. 8-7 tb over Ryan Joint, West Central Valley, Stuart; SR, in quarterfinals. LOST dec. 8-2 to Caleb Wedeking, North Butler, Greene, SO, semifinals. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jake Mize (Woodbury Central, Moville)
145 — Josh Yoder, SR, LOST dec. 10-4 to Casey Pence, West Branch, JR., in consolations. DONE.
113 — Ryan Cale, JR, LOST dec. 5-3 in one OT over Zach Ulven, Westwood, Sloan; SO, in quarterfinals. WON by fall 2:53 over Jose Montes, West Sioux, Hawarden; JR. WON by dec. 6-0 over Christian Polley, Tri-Center, Neola; SO, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Kaden McClintock, St. Edmond, Fort Dodge; JR.
106 — Briar Cochran, FR, LOST by fall 1:16 to Taylor Curtis, Underwood, SR, in quarterfinals. WON by tech. fall 17-2 over Colton Dietrich, Jesup, SO, in consolations. WON by dec. 8-5 over Dylan Muckey, Woodbury Central, Moville; SR, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jordan Schmitz (Don Bosco, Gilbertville).
HWT — Dylan Conley, SR, LOST by fall 0.52 to Dillon Suhr, Guthrie Center, SR, in consolations. WON by injury default over Drew George, Durant, JR, in consolations. LOST dec. 3-1 in one OT to Garrett Johnston, Panorama, Panora, JR. DONE.
152 — Austyn Vogel, SR, LOST dec. 13-11 in one OT to Kain Queck, Nodaway Valley, SR, in quarterfinals. LOST dec. 9-2 to Brady Bailey, Emmetsburg, SR, in consolations. DONE.
State Wrestling Meet At Wells-Fargo Arena, Des Moines (Friday’s Match Results, Saturday’s opponent if applicable and available.)
DES MOINES —
- Ottumwa Babe Ruth team dominates at state OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa 14 Babe Ruth All-Stars team bore a striking resemblance to absolute domination at the state tournament in Ottumwa this season."The longest game we had was six innings," Conner Sheehan said. "We still 10-run ruled that team it ju
- Fairfield falls in nine to DCG in state quarterfinals DES MOINES – Becoming the first Fairfield pitcher to start a state tournament game in 35 years didn’t seem to faze Trojan senior pitcher Joseph Hietpas. Neither did the zeroes on the scoreboard that were being posted by his counterpart. Hietpas and D
- Bulldogs have fun at Shrine Bowl CEDAR FALLS — Ottumwa football coach Zach Pfantz had a blast serving as one of the coaches of the South team at the 42nd Annual Iowa Shrine Bowl at the UNI Dome Saturday. "It was a really awesome and wonderful experience and I was very thankful to ha
- Three Bulldogs chosen for all-district team OTTUMWA — Three Ottumwa Bulldogs and a slew of Twin Cedars players were selected for their respective Iowa High School All-District teams. The players named to all-district squads were chosen by the Iowa High School Baseball Coaches Association. Th
- Baseball run wraps up a great year for Albia INDIANOLA — Brett Leshen walked into the dugout at Indianola High School’s baseball diamond, took off his Albia baseball jersey and headed up the hill to receive hugs from his family and friends, thus marking the end of a remarkable senior year, and
- EBF softball team brings trophy back from Fort Dodge EDDYVILLE — It may not have been the hardware the Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont softball team intended to come home with. But it was hardware. A trophy. An accomplishment no Rocket softball team had ever accomplished. That’s a feat that’s worth celebr
- Iowa High School State Baseball Tournament CLASS 1A Friday, July 25 Quarterfinals No. 2 Newman Catholic 7, No. 7 BGM 1 No. 6 Don Bosco 2, No. 8 Martensdale-St. Marys 1 Saturday, July 26 Quarterfinals No. 1 Twin Cedars 7, Underwood 0 No. 5 Gehlen Catholic 3, Lone Tree 0 Thursday, July 31 Semif
- Ottumwa All-Star team advances to Midwest Regional OTTUMWA – The Ottumwa 15-year-old baseball all-star team captured the state championship thanks to an unbelievable pitching staff and near flawless defense. "Pitchers are really the strength of this team," Ottumwa coach Mike Budan said. "We have som
- New recruits bolster hopes for IHCC volleyball OTTUMWA — Indian Hills Community College volleyball coach Lyndsey Lyon feels confident she has an incoming recruiting class that will shore up some of the deficiencies of last year’s squad. Lyon has announced the addition of eight former Iowa high s
Sprint Speedweek starts Thursday on Knoxville
Hello race fans and welcome to The Pit Stop. Thursday night kicks off the 13th Annual Cox Design Iowa Speedweek for Sprint Cars, where there are nine nights of Sprint Car racing over 10 days scheduled between The Knoxville Raceway and The Southern Io
- More Sports Headlines