DES MOINES —
120 — Jeren Glosser, SO, LOST dec. 5-3 in one OT to Kyler Kiner, Ogden, JR in the quarterfinals. WON by fall 3:15 over Tucker Blumi, Riverside, Oakland; SO., in consolations. WON by fall 0:41 over JD Rader, South Hamilton, Jewell; SO, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jake Hunerdosse (Southeast Warren).
132 — Blake Marolf, SO, WON dec. 8-1 over Conner Shulista, Alburnett, FR, in quarterfinals. WON dec. 5-3 over Dylan Rhoads, Don Bosco, Gilbertville; SR, in semifinals NEXT: Finals today vs. Logan Loftus (Iowa Valley, Marengo).
138 — Jason Crosby, SR, WON dec. 3-1 over Brady Meyer, Sumner-Fredericksburg, SR, in quarterfinals. WON by dec. 5-3 over Payton Rice, Manson NW Webster; JR, in semifinals. NEXT: Finals today vs. Kyle Blocker (W. Marshall, State Center).
145 — Tucker Black, JR, WON dec. 8-7 tb over Ryan Joint, West Central Valley, Stuart; SR, in quarterfinals. LOST dec. 8-2 to Caleb Wedeking, North Butler, Greene, SO, semifinals. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jake Mize (Woodbury Central, Moville)
145 — Josh Yoder, SR, LOST dec. 10-4 to Casey Pence, West Branch, JR., in consolations. DONE.
113 — Ryan Cale, JR, LOST dec. 5-3 in one OT over Zach Ulven, Westwood, Sloan; SO, in quarterfinals. WON by fall 2:53 over Jose Montes, West Sioux, Hawarden; JR. WON by dec. 6-0 over Christian Polley, Tri-Center, Neola; SO, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Kaden McClintock, St. Edmond, Fort Dodge; JR.
106 — Briar Cochran, FR, LOST by fall 1:16 to Taylor Curtis, Underwood, SR, in quarterfinals. WON by tech. fall 17-2 over Colton Dietrich, Jesup, SO, in consolations. WON by dec. 8-5 over Dylan Muckey, Woodbury Central, Moville; SR, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jordan Schmitz (Don Bosco, Gilbertville).
HWT — Dylan Conley, SR, LOST by fall 0.52 to Dillon Suhr, Guthrie Center, SR, in consolations. WON by injury default over Drew George, Durant, JR, in consolations. LOST dec. 3-1 in one OT to Garrett Johnston, Panorama, Panora, JR. DONE.
152 — Austyn Vogel, SR, LOST dec. 13-11 in one OT to Kain Queck, Nodaway Valley, SR, in quarterfinals. LOST dec. 9-2 to Brady Bailey, Emmetsburg, SR, in consolations. DONE.
State Wrestling Meet At Wells-Fargo Arena, Des Moines (Friday’s Match Results, Saturday’s opponent if applicable and available.)
DES MOINES —
- Falcons remain in first after sweep at Muscatine MUSCATINE — Friday provided the first-place Indian Hills baseball team with two very different games at Muscatine. Fortunately for the Falcons, the results were the same. IHCC remained tied atop the region with Iowa Western after sweeping the first t
- Warrior golfers boast big lead at Illinois invite SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — After one round, the Indian Hills men's golf team boasts a 15-stroke lead in the Blue Boy Invitational Friday with a score of 296 strokes. Jakob Garstecki spearheaded the Warriors' success by firing the top score of the day at 72
- Warriors suffer sophomore day sweep to Southeastern OTTUMWA — Jim Overturf has been coaching junior college softball for over two decades. In that time, Overturf has seen over two decades worth of days dedicated to celebrating a departing class of sophomore players. In his experience, Overturf has see
- Albia boys have record-setting night at Waukee WAUKEE — Alex Schultz turned in a pair of outstanding performances at what ended up being a record-setting night for the Albia boys track and field team at the Waukee Invitational. Competing as the lone Class 2A school against some elite competition,
- Ottumwa AD talks about possible conference change OTTUMWA — Tom Kopatich has plenty of experience with the Southeast Conference. Kopatich, the athletic director for Ottumwa High School, coached the Ottumwa football team when the Bulldogs belonged to the conference. So what does he think about a pos
- On Tap Saturday Boys Soccer Ottumwa at Waterloo West Invitational, 9 a.m. Oskaloosa at Winterset Tournament, 10 a.m. College Golf Indian Hills at Buena Vista Spring Invitational (Storm Lake) College Baseball Indian Hills at Muscatine (DH), Noon College Softball Indi
- Ottumwa boys track ties for seventh in Urbandale URBANDALE — The Ottumwa boys track and field team tied for seventh place with Des Moines North at the Chuck Silvey Invitational at Urbandale Thursday with 11 points. The Bulldog boys 4x400 team of Roger Cruz, Matt Moreland, Jalen Strunk and Osha Wyl
- Clarification Clarification: The Ottumwa boys tennis team competes at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Dan Staggs Courts against Ankeny.
- Southeast Iowa Fishing Report Red Haw Lake Anglers have been catching some largemouth bass along with some bluegills and crappies. Use minnows and a bobber around brush piles. Lake Sugema Very little fishing activity has been occurring but some anglers were able to catch some sma
- Couple makes face paint for wild turkey hunters RED WING, Minn. (AP) -- You could call it man makeup. It's a water-based skin application made from natural ingredients such as organic rooibos tea and zinc oxide. It's nonallergenic, won't clog your pores, doesn't stain clothes and provides protecti
- More Sports Headlines