DES MOINES —
120 — Jeren Glosser, SO, LOST dec. 5-3 in one OT to Kyler Kiner, Ogden, JR in the quarterfinals. WON by fall 3:15 over Tucker Blumi, Riverside, Oakland; SO., in consolations. WON by fall 0:41 over JD Rader, South Hamilton, Jewell; SO, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jake Hunerdosse (Southeast Warren).
132 — Blake Marolf, SO, WON dec. 8-1 over Conner Shulista, Alburnett, FR, in quarterfinals. WON dec. 5-3 over Dylan Rhoads, Don Bosco, Gilbertville; SR, in semifinals NEXT: Finals today vs. Logan Loftus (Iowa Valley, Marengo).
138 — Jason Crosby, SR, WON dec. 3-1 over Brady Meyer, Sumner-Fredericksburg, SR, in quarterfinals. WON by dec. 5-3 over Payton Rice, Manson NW Webster; JR, in semifinals. NEXT: Finals today vs. Kyle Blocker (W. Marshall, State Center).
145 — Tucker Black, JR, WON dec. 8-7 tb over Ryan Joint, West Central Valley, Stuart; SR, in quarterfinals. LOST dec. 8-2 to Caleb Wedeking, North Butler, Greene, SO, semifinals. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jake Mize (Woodbury Central, Moville)
145 — Josh Yoder, SR, LOST dec. 10-4 to Casey Pence, West Branch, JR., in consolations. DONE.
113 — Ryan Cale, JR, LOST dec. 5-3 in one OT over Zach Ulven, Westwood, Sloan; SO, in quarterfinals. WON by fall 2:53 over Jose Montes, West Sioux, Hawarden; JR. WON by dec. 6-0 over Christian Polley, Tri-Center, Neola; SO, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Kaden McClintock, St. Edmond, Fort Dodge; JR.
106 — Briar Cochran, FR, LOST by fall 1:16 to Taylor Curtis, Underwood, SR, in quarterfinals. WON by tech. fall 17-2 over Colton Dietrich, Jesup, SO, in consolations. WON by dec. 8-5 over Dylan Muckey, Woodbury Central, Moville; SR, in consolations. NEXT: Consolations today vs. Jordan Schmitz (Don Bosco, Gilbertville).
HWT — Dylan Conley, SR, LOST by fall 0.52 to Dillon Suhr, Guthrie Center, SR, in consolations. WON by injury default over Drew George, Durant, JR, in consolations. LOST dec. 3-1 in one OT to Garrett Johnston, Panorama, Panora, JR. DONE.
152 — Austyn Vogel, SR, LOST dec. 13-11 in one OT to Kain Queck, Nodaway Valley, SR, in quarterfinals. LOST dec. 9-2 to Brady Bailey, Emmetsburg, SR, in consolations. DONE.
State Wrestling Meet At Wells-Fargo Arena, Des Moines (Friday’s Match Results, Saturday’s opponent if applicable and available.)
DES MOINES —
- State Baseball Tournament TuesdayClass 3A QuarterfinalsDallas Center-Grimes 3, No. 5 Fairfield 0 (9) ThursdayClass 1A SemifinalsNo. 1 Twin Cedars (34-0) vs. No. 5 Gehlen Catholic (30-3), 2 p.m. (104.9 FM KBOE)
- Three Bulldogs make all-state OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa softball team had three of its players named to a Class 5A All-State team by Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.Bulldog second baseman Ashlyn Thompson and Kassidi Henderson were voted to the all-state second team and Alexis W
- Prep Softball All-State Team Class 1A 1st Team All State Name School Grade Kayla Tindall Akron-Westfield 12 Dana Hedlund Akron-Westfield 12 Renee Maneman Newelll Fonda 12 Rachel Smith Exira/EHK
- Oh So Close! DES MOINES — Becoming the first Fairfield pitcher to start a state tournament game in 35 years didn’t seem to faze Trojan senior pitcher Joseph Hietpas. In fact, taking the mound at Principal Park in Des Moines seemed to only help Hietpas as he made
- Cedar Creek Ladies battle for low net score OTTUMWA — The Cedar Creek Ladies played "event low net score" on Tuesday. The medalist for the day was Carole Meredith while Patti Meyer and Ann Allison tied for low putts. In Flight A, Margo Sears finished in first place while Meredith finished seco
- Twin Cedars just two wins from perfection DES MOINES — The 33 wins in 33 games to get to state was nice. So was the 34th-straight win, earned Saturday over Underwood in the Class 1A State Baseball Quarterfinals. But as he walked through the stands with his team at Principal Park following th
- Huisman wraps up successful 38-year career at Centerville FAIRFIELD — Sometime later this summer, Bill Huisman will look back on his 38 seasons as Centerville head baseball coach with a big smile. In the immediate aftermath of what proved to be his final game as Big Reds head coach, however, all Huisman wan
- Ottumwa Little League team ends terrific season OTTUMWA — Chris Becker doesn't think it's sunk in yet. Becker, the coach of the Ottumwa 9-10 Midwest All Stars, said his players have yet to fully grasp the depths of what they've accomplished this season. With time, however, he thinks they will und
- On Tap Thursday Prep Baseball Class 1A State Semifinals Twin Cedars vs. LeMars Gehlen at Des Moines (Principal Park), 2 p.m.
- Ottumwa Babe Ruth team dominates at state OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa 14 Babe Ruth All-Stars team bore a striking resemblance to absolute domination at the state tournament in Ottumwa this season."The longest game we had was six innings," Conner Sheehan said. "We still 10-run ruled that team it ju
- More Sports Headlines