DES MOINES —
120 — Jeren Glosser, SO, won by fall 1:25 over Jake Miller, Emmetsburg, SO. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Kyler Kinler (Ogden).
126 — Cody Brown, SO, lost by fall 2:29 to Sawyer Amling, Edgewood-Colesburg, SO. Lost by 8-3 decision to Joel Haberman, Clarion Goldfield, SO. DONE.
132 — Blake Marolf, SO, won by 5-4 decision over Reed Lette, Belmond-Klemme, SR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Conner Shulista (Alburnett).
138 — Jason Crosby, SR, won by fall 5:23 over Tanner Potter, Griswold, SR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Brady Meyer (Sumner-Fredericksburg).
145 — Tucker Black, JR, won by dec. 6-4 over Jake Mize, Woodbury Central, SR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Ryan Joint (West Central Valley, Stuart).
182 — Dillon Pigsley, JR, LOST by dec. 8-2 to Taylor Michael, North Linn, SR. LOST by maj. dec. 13-3 to Terry Mooty, Dike-New Hartford, SR. DONE.
220 — Chance Wursta, JR, LOST dec. 3-2 to Mark Hall, Southwest Iowa, SR. LOST by fall 3:41 to Tyler Johansen, North Fayette, West Union, SO. DONE.
145 — Josh Yoder, SR, LOST by maj. dec. 19-7 over Evan Hansen, Exira/Elk Horn-Kimbellton, SO. WON by dec. 13-11 over Colton Stoddard, East Buchanan, Winthrop, SR. NEXT: Consolations today vs. TBA.
170 — Cole Streigle, SO, LOST by fall 2:48 to Nick Schany, Emmetsburg, SR. LOST by fall 1:10 to Zach Hoyle, Alburnett, SR. DONE.
HWT — Tucker Fowler, JR, LOST by fall 2:54 to Landan Paulsen, Woodbury Central, SO. LOST by fall 4:14 to Garrett Johnston, Panorama, Panora, JR. DONE.
113 — Ryan Cale, JR, WON by fall 4:58 over Grant Barron, Don Bosco, JR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Zach Ulven (Westwood, Sloan).
182 — Dustin Miller, SR, LOST by tech fall 16-0 to Ryan Leonard, Midland, SR. LOST by dec. 9-3 to Dillon Nelson, St. Edmond, Fort Dodge, SR. DONE.
106 — Briar Cochran, FR, WON by tech fall 18-3 over Sheldon Ealy, English Valleys, SO. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Taylor Curtis (Underwood).
HWT — Dylan Conley, SR, WON by dec. 7-3 over Cole Jensen, Maple Valley-Anthon Oto, FR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Dillon Suhr (Guthrie Center).
152 — Austyn Vogel, SR, WON dec. 13-11 in 1 OT over Kaleb Schmidt, Wilton. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Kain Queck (Nodaway Valley).
160 — Tyler Foubert, JR, LOST by dec. 6-2 to Jack Hogan, Don Bosco, JR. LOST by fall 5:47 to Josh Matusik, Woodbine, SR. DONE.
126 — Jacob Heisel, JR, LOST by fall 1:23 to Jacob Koch, Alburnett, JR. LOST by fall 3:47 to Colby McIntire, Central Lyon/GLR, SO. DONE.
State Wrestling Meet At Wells-Fargo Arena, Des Moines (Thursday’s Match Results, Friday’s opponent if applicable and available.)
DES MOINES —
- State Baseball Tournament TuesdayClass 3A QuarterfinalsDallas Center-Grimes 3, No. 5 Fairfield 0 (9) ThursdayClass 1A SemifinalsNo. 1 Twin Cedars (34-0) vs. No. 5 Gehlen Catholic (30-3), 2 p.m. (104.9 FM KBOE)
- Three Bulldogs make all-state OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa softball team had three of its players named to a Class 5A All-State team by Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.Bulldog second baseman Ashlyn Thompson and Kassidi Henderson were voted to the all-state second team and Alexis W
- Prep Softball All-State Team Class 1A 1st Team All State Name School Grade Kayla Tindall Akron-Westfield 12 Dana Hedlund Akron-Westfield 12 Renee Maneman Newelll Fonda 12 Rachel Smith Exira/EHK
- Oh So Close! DES MOINES — Becoming the first Fairfield pitcher to start a state tournament game in 35 years didn’t seem to faze Trojan senior pitcher Joseph Hietpas. In fact, taking the mound at Principal Park in Des Moines seemed to only help Hietpas as he made
- Cedar Creek Ladies battle for low net score OTTUMWA — The Cedar Creek Ladies played "event low net score" on Tuesday. The medalist for the day was Carole Meredith while Patti Meyer and Ann Allison tied for low putts. In Flight A, Margo Sears finished in first place while Meredith finished seco
- Twin Cedars just two wins from perfection DES MOINES — The 33 wins in 33 games to get to state was nice. So was the 34th-straight win, earned Saturday over Underwood in the Class 1A State Baseball Quarterfinals. But as he walked through the stands with his team at Principal Park following th
- Huisman wraps up successful 38-year career at Centerville FAIRFIELD — Sometime later this summer, Bill Huisman will look back on his 38 seasons as Centerville head baseball coach with a big smile. In the immediate aftermath of what proved to be his final game as Big Reds head coach, however, all Huisman wan
- Ottumwa Little League team ends terrific season OTTUMWA — Chris Becker doesn't think it's sunk in yet. Becker, the coach of the Ottumwa 9-10 Midwest All Stars, said his players have yet to fully grasp the depths of what they've accomplished this season. With time, however, he thinks they will und
- On Tap Thursday Prep Baseball Class 1A State Semifinals Twin Cedars vs. LeMars Gehlen at Des Moines (Principal Park), 2 p.m.
- Ottumwa Babe Ruth team dominates at state OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa 14 Babe Ruth All-Stars team bore a striking resemblance to absolute domination at the state tournament in Ottumwa this season."The longest game we had was six innings," Conner Sheehan said. "We still 10-run ruled that team it ju
- More Sports Headlines