DES MOINES —
120 — Jeren Glosser, SO, won by fall 1:25 over Jake Miller, Emmetsburg, SO. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Kyler Kinler (Ogden).
126 — Cody Brown, SO, lost by fall 2:29 to Sawyer Amling, Edgewood-Colesburg, SO. Lost by 8-3 decision to Joel Haberman, Clarion Goldfield, SO. DONE.
132 — Blake Marolf, SO, won by 5-4 decision over Reed Lette, Belmond-Klemme, SR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Conner Shulista (Alburnett).
138 — Jason Crosby, SR, won by fall 5:23 over Tanner Potter, Griswold, SR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Brady Meyer (Sumner-Fredericksburg).
145 — Tucker Black, JR, won by dec. 6-4 over Jake Mize, Woodbury Central, SR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Ryan Joint (West Central Valley, Stuart).
182 — Dillon Pigsley, JR, LOST by dec. 8-2 to Taylor Michael, North Linn, SR. LOST by maj. dec. 13-3 to Terry Mooty, Dike-New Hartford, SR. DONE.
220 — Chance Wursta, JR, LOST dec. 3-2 to Mark Hall, Southwest Iowa, SR. LOST by fall 3:41 to Tyler Johansen, North Fayette, West Union, SO. DONE.
145 — Josh Yoder, SR, LOST by maj. dec. 19-7 over Evan Hansen, Exira/Elk Horn-Kimbellton, SO. WON by dec. 13-11 over Colton Stoddard, East Buchanan, Winthrop, SR. NEXT: Consolations today vs. TBA.
170 — Cole Streigle, SO, LOST by fall 2:48 to Nick Schany, Emmetsburg, SR. LOST by fall 1:10 to Zach Hoyle, Alburnett, SR. DONE.
HWT — Tucker Fowler, JR, LOST by fall 2:54 to Landan Paulsen, Woodbury Central, SO. LOST by fall 4:14 to Garrett Johnston, Panorama, Panora, JR. DONE.
113 — Ryan Cale, JR, WON by fall 4:58 over Grant Barron, Don Bosco, JR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Zach Ulven (Westwood, Sloan).
182 — Dustin Miller, SR, LOST by tech fall 16-0 to Ryan Leonard, Midland, SR. LOST by dec. 9-3 to Dillon Nelson, St. Edmond, Fort Dodge, SR. DONE.
106 — Briar Cochran, FR, WON by tech fall 18-3 over Sheldon Ealy, English Valleys, SO. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Taylor Curtis (Underwood).
HWT — Dylan Conley, SR, WON by dec. 7-3 over Cole Jensen, Maple Valley-Anthon Oto, FR. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Dillon Suhr (Guthrie Center).
152 — Austyn Vogel, SR, WON dec. 13-11 in 1 OT over Kaleb Schmidt, Wilton. NEXT: Quarterfinals today vs. Kain Queck (Nodaway Valley).
160 — Tyler Foubert, JR, LOST by dec. 6-2 to Jack Hogan, Don Bosco, JR. LOST by fall 5:47 to Josh Matusik, Woodbine, SR. DONE.
126 — Jacob Heisel, JR, LOST by fall 1:23 to Jacob Koch, Alburnett, JR. LOST by fall 3:47 to Colby McIntire, Central Lyon/GLR, SO. DONE.
State Wrestling Meet At Wells-Fargo Arena, Des Moines (Thursday’s Match Results, Friday’s opponent if applicable and available.)
DES MOINES —
- Big day for Hogue, McKay By KEVIN PINK IHCC Information Department Former IHCC teammates take part in ISU's big day at State Capitol Big day for Hogue, McKay
- Former OHS star Salgado signs with Converse College OTTUMWA -- Former Ottumwa star athlete Ashley Salgado has signed her National Letter of Intent to play women's basketball at Converse College, a NCAA Division II institution in Spartansburg, SC. Salgado played two seasons at Marshalltown Community Co
- Falcons remain in first after sweep at Muscatine MUSCATINE — Friday provided the first-place Indian Hills baseball team with two very different games at Muscatine. Fortunately for the Falcons, the results were the same. IHCC remained tied atop the region with Iowa Western after sweeping the first t
- Warrior golfers boast big lead at Illinois invite SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — After one round, the Indian Hills men's golf team boasts a 15-stroke lead in the Blue Boy Invitational Friday with a score of 296 strokes. Jakob Garstecki spearheaded the Warriors' success by firing the top score of the day at 72
- Warriors suffer sophomore day sweep to Southeastern OTTUMWA — Jim Overturf has been coaching junior college softball for over two decades. In that time, Overturf has seen over two decades worth of days dedicated to celebrating a departing class of sophomore players. In his experience, Overturf has see
- Albia boys have record-setting night at Waukee WAUKEE — Alex Schultz turned in a pair of outstanding performances at what ended up being a record-setting night for the Albia boys track and field team at the Waukee Invitational. Competing as the lone Class 2A school against some elite competition,
- Ottumwa AD talks about possible conference change OTTUMWA — Tom Kopatich has plenty of experience with the Southeast Conference. Kopatich, the athletic director for Ottumwa High School, coached the Ottumwa football team when the Bulldogs belonged to the conference. So what does he think about a pos
- On Tap Saturday Boys Soccer Ottumwa at Waterloo West Invitational, 9 a.m. Oskaloosa at Winterset Tournament, 10 a.m. College Golf Indian Hills at Buena Vista Spring Invitational (Storm Lake) College Baseball Indian Hills at Muscatine (DH), Noon College Softball Indi
- Ottumwa boys track ties for seventh in Urbandale URBANDALE — The Ottumwa boys track and field team tied for seventh place with Des Moines North at the Chuck Silvey Invitational at Urbandale Thursday with 11 points. The Bulldog boys 4x400 team of Roger Cruz, Matt Moreland, Jalen Strunk and Osha Wyl
- Clarification Clarification: The Ottumwa boys tennis team competes at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Dan Staggs Courts against Ankeny.
- More Sports Headlines