No. 11 INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. NIACC
Time and Place: 7 p.m tonight at the Hellyer Student Life Center on the Indian Hills campus in Ottumwa.
Broadcast Info: The game will be carried live on KMGO radio (98.7 FM) and on the Internet at www.kmgo.com.
Records: Eleventh-ranked Indian Hills is 13-1 overall. NIACC (North Iowa Area Community College in Mason City) is 10-3.
Tough Trojans: Division II NIACC’s only losses this season are to Marshalltown, Kirkwood and Rochester Tech. The Trojans have been receiving votes in the National Juco DII poll. Sophomore guard Chris Davis leads NIACC with 21 points per game while freshman David Humpheries averages 18 points and nine rebounds.
Short-handed win: IHCC’s Jelan Kendrick, Ronnie Stevens and Richard Amardi all missed Saturday’s game against Mineral Area with injuries, leaving the Warriors with just nine players. IHCC still rolled to a 97-82 win over a very formidible opponent.
McKay is Okay: Jameel McKay scored a career-high 32 points and pulled in 15 rebounds Saturday, joining Ronald Ross (21 points and 10 assists) as one of two Warriors to post double-doubles.
Coach Barret Peery says: “It doesn’t matter who’s playing for us. We expect to win — and we better win at home.”
No. 11 INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. NIACC
- OHS seniors help turn season around OTTUMWA — From 0-4 to 25-16.This is the story of the Ottumwa baseball team. Yet, beyond the numbers is the story behind the story; the pivotal reasons the Bulldogs were able to rescue their season from oblivion and finish with a respectable record.“T
- Iowa High School State Baseball Tournament CLASS 1A Friday, July 25 Quarterfinals 11 a.m. — Newman Catholic (34-3) vs. BGM (25-2) 1 p.m. — Don Bosco (30-3) vs. Martensdale-St. Marys (34-7) Saturday, July 26 Quarterfinals 11 a.m. — Twin Cedars (33-0) vs. Underwood (23-7) 1 p.m. — Gehlen Cathol
- State Softball Tournament Thursday Class 2A Semifinals No. 5 Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont 6, No. 1 Highland 2 Class 2A Championship No. 5 Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont (26-5) vs. No. 2 Earlham (30-4), 12:15 p.m. (Diamond 1, Mittera Field) RADIO: 96.7 FM KIIC and 104.9 FM KBOE
- Party Like It's 1979! FAIRFIELD — Not since the late 1970s had Fairfield ever seen a party like the one that took place on the diamond shortly after 9 p.m. Wednesday night. There were players. There were coaches. There were fans clad in orange and black. They all came tog
- Hot bats not enough BOONE – The Ottumwa Midwest 9-10 year-old All-Star Little Leaguers did everything they could at the plate to erase an 8-0 first-inning deficit against Morningside National on Thursday. Despite 14 runs on 11 hits, Ottumwa Midwest could not keep their
- EBF advances to State Finals FORT DODGE — Fifth-ranked Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont had a very tough task in front of itself in a Class 2A semifinal Thursday at the state softball tournament at Rogers Park. All the Rockets had had to do was beat top-ranked Highland to reach thei
- Winn named to all-star team OTTUMWA — Sometimes it's just nice to be recognized. Such was the case when the Iowa High School Coaches Association selected Alexis Winn to play in the 30th annual Iowa All-Star game Monday at Waukee High School field. "It kind of shows me that all
- There's always one more lake OTTUMWA — While this isn't true across the board, most fishermen are filled with a bountiful supply of wanderlust. I'm certainly no exception to this rule. Although, I haven't even managed to get out and fish in southeast Iowa this week, my gypsy so
- Three teams battling for first in Little League State Tourney CENTERVILLE — Grandview, Johnston American and Sioux City Headid are in a three-way battle for first place at the Iowa Little League State Tournament, as all teams have played over 50-percent of their pool games. Headid and Grandview are tied for fir
- Monroe County Little League fall in Central Regional Finals INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA — After upsetting the top-seeded team in the Central Regional Tournament, the Monroe County Little League softball team fell just one win shy of a berth in the Little League World Series. Tallmadge, Ohio edged Monroe County, 4-1
- More Sports Headlines