No. 11 INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. NIACC
Time and Place: 7 p.m tonight at the Hellyer Student Life Center on the Indian Hills campus in Ottumwa.
Broadcast Info: The game will be carried live on KMGO radio (98.7 FM) and on the Internet at www.kmgo.com.
Records: Eleventh-ranked Indian Hills is 13-1 overall. NIACC (North Iowa Area Community College in Mason City) is 10-3.
Tough Trojans: Division II NIACC’s only losses this season are to Marshalltown, Kirkwood and Rochester Tech. The Trojans have been receiving votes in the National Juco DII poll. Sophomore guard Chris Davis leads NIACC with 21 points per game while freshman David Humpheries averages 18 points and nine rebounds.
Short-handed win: IHCC’s Jelan Kendrick, Ronnie Stevens and Richard Amardi all missed Saturday’s game against Mineral Area with injuries, leaving the Warriors with just nine players. IHCC still rolled to a 97-82 win over a very formidible opponent.
McKay is Okay: Jameel McKay scored a career-high 32 points and pulled in 15 rebounds Saturday, joining Ronald Ross (21 points and 10 assists) as one of two Warriors to post double-doubles.
Coach Barret Peery says: “It doesn’t matter who’s playing for us. We expect to win — and we better win at home.”
No. 11 INDIAN HILLS BASKETBALL VS. NIACC
- Ottumwa Youth Football begins in August OTTUMWA – A Future Bulldog Camp will be put on for second, third and fourth graders from 6-7:30 p.m. on the Ottumwa High School practice field Monday, Aug. 11. The camp will be put on for fifth and sixth graders from 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12th at
- Ottumwa swimmer earns spot on Team Iowa IOWA CITY — Ottumwa swimmer Hank Hammer turned in a terrific performance for the Pella Swim Club at the ISI Long Course State Championship last weekend at the University of Iowa. Hammer swam an AAA time and garnered a top-seven finish in the 13-14 b
- Ottumwa 14s clear opening MWP regional hurdle BOONVILLE, Mo. — Joey Mitchell came up with not one, but two bases-clearing doubles in his last two at-bats. After snapping a 3-3 tie in the fifth with his first three-run hit, Mitchell gave the Ottumwa 14-year-olds a big insurance hit to drive in th
- Denniston makes Elite World Series OTTUMWA — Adam Denniston overcame the spitefulness of long odds by earning a spot at the 11U USSSA Elite Class World Series. To secure one of the 15 spots on the roster, Adam Denniston, the younger brother of Austin Denniston (a member of the 2012
- Perfect Rematch DES MOINES — They were the last team to beat Twin Cedars on the baseball diamond. Now, Mason City Newman is the last obstacle for the Sabers to clear in 2014 to cap a perfect summer. Call it fitting. Call it symbolic. Call it much-anticipated. Just d
- Walk-off win sends Newman Catholic back to 1A finals DES MOINES — Top-seeded Mason City Newman Catholic advanced to the state tournament finals with a walk-off 5-4 win over fourth-seeded Don Bosco in the first of two Class 1A semifinal games Thursday afternoon at Principal Park.Don Bosco scored two run
- Fast start powers North Polk back into 2A Final DES MOINES — Top-seeded North Polk beat fifth-seeded and Heart of Iowa Conference rival Roland-Story 6-2 in the first Class 2A semifinal Thursday evening at Principal Park.The Comets scored all six runs in the first two innings, three each inning, en
- Southeast Iowa Fishing Reports Rathbun ReservoirThe current lake level is 905.38 feet. The water temperature is 77 degrees. Channel Catfish - Fair: Try using chicken liver. Target areas in coves and bays. Walleye - Slow: Anglers have been having some success trolling crankbaits ar
- On Tap Saturday Prep Baseball Class 1A State Finals Twin Cedars vs. Newman Catholic at Des Moines (Principal Park), Noon
- IHCC Soccer Training Camp date set OTTUMWA– Head coach Doug Seigle has announced the date for players on this year's roster, and those who hope to make the squad, to report for the start of preseason workouts. Seigle says all IHCC women’s and men's soccer players who have signed to pl
- More Sports Headlines