The Supreme Court by a 5-4 vote blocked another state Covid-19 restriction on religious services, with another late-night order, over protests from California officials that the limits affecting some Bible study sessions did not impinge on religious rights and were to be lifted within days.
Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) talks to CNN's Jim Acosta about how the current Republican Party compares to the one he worked with during his time in Congress.
This Week's Circulars
- Authorities: Iowa patrol trooper slain amid violent standoff
- Regan makes comedy tour stop in Ottumwa
- Reboot your longevity today
- Waterloo barber: 'Younger self would probably laugh'
- Girls tennis: Bulldogs net first win on home courts
- Bullriders of America celebrates 10 years in Ottumwa
- Couple move from Oregon to Iowa hometown, start organic farm
- Iowa adds another 616 virus cases, 6 deaths
- School board hosts budget, calendar public hearings
- JUCO softball: Warriors score identical wins over Ellsworth
ABOARD A U.S. MILITARY AIRCRAFT (AP) — Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Saturday discussed with his Philippine counterpart China’s recent positioning of “militia vessels” near the Philippines in the South China Sea.
YANGON (AP) — At least 82 people were killed in one day in a crackdown by Myanmar security forces on pro-democracy protesters, according to reports Saturday from independent local media and an organization that keeps track of casualties since the February coup.
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A sixth person has died following a shooting earlier this week at the hands of a former NFL player who also killed four members of a South Carolina family, local officials said Saturday.
JOSE CARLOS MARIATEGUI, Peru (AP) — On the banks of the Amazon River, in a village without electricity or drinking water, Andrea Rodrigo makes the yuca flour that her family sells in markets along Peru’s remote borders with Brazil and Colombia.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump insists he's enjoying his life off Twitter. The press releases his aides fire off on an increasingly frequent basis are more “elegant,” he says. Plus there's no risk of backlash for retweeting unsavory accounts.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The mother of three children — all under the age of 5 — found slain inside a Los Angeles apartment Saturday morning has been arrested, police said.