This Week's Circulars
OTTUMWA[mdash]Tonyia Sue Bain, 66, of Ottumwa, died at12:42 a.m. June 1, 2020 at Iowa Methodist Medical Center in Des Moines. Her body has been cremated and no services are planned. Reece Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
FLORIS [mdash]Ronald Everett Johnson of Floris, died May 29, 2020 at Ridgewood Specialty Care. Limited open visitation for friends is from 1-6 p.m. Wednesday at Reece Funeral Home. Graveside service is 3 p.m. Thursday at Floris Cemetery.
OTTUMWA [mdash] Jack Ervin Carder, 88 of Ottumwa, formerly of Batavia, died May 31, 2020. He was cremated and there will be no service at this time. On-line condolences may be made to the family at behnerfh.com.
- Demry, McGill lead in Appanoose Co. Republican primary
- Farrington takes oath as police chief
- Prep softball: Bulldogs open season ranked fifth in 5A
- State data shows Wapello County outbreak leveling off
- Miller-Meeks wins nomination, will face Hart
- County's COVID outbreak hits milestone
- Centerville pool will stay closed
- IHCC names new head men's soccer coach
- Cole, Alli Bookin-Nosbisch named OHS Senior Athletes of Year
- Supervisors talk agreement with SCBHR
Direct from America's space program to YouTube, watch NASA TV live streaming here to get the latest from our exploration of the universe and learn how we discover our home planet.
update: confirmed by shams that he has tested positive for the virus: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1237913057596026881?s=09
Since being a kid, I've dreamt about eating as many Big Macs as I could. As the ultimate cheat day event, I ordered 32 Big Mac® sandwiches from Uber Eats and recorded the experience. According to McDonald’s, the Big Mac® features two 100 percent pure beef patties and Big Mac® sauce sandwiche…
Opera Iowa performs "Little Red's Most Unusual Day" for Ottumwa students in kindergarten through second grade Wednesday morning in St. John Auditorium. Dr. Jennifer Boyenga of Indian Hills Community College said the performance is part of the community college's arts outreach program.