Several buildings in downtown Ottumwa were tagged with what appeared to be a stencil of a clenched fist overnight Friday. The graffiti was scattered in the downtown area and was placed mostly on walls. The exception was City Hall’s door on Third Street, which was painted in the middle of the glass. There was no immediate word on any leads.
This Week's Circulars
ALBIA [mdash] Fred Steinaway passed on July 2, 2020, in Albia. No Visitation is planned. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, July 11, 2020, at the Tharp Funeral Home in Albia.
OTTUMWA [mdash] Jimmy L. Vannoy, age 74, of Hedrick, passed away on Friday, July 3, 2020 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Jim was born on October 5, 1945 the son of Theodore and Bernadine (Paxton) Vannoy in Farson, Iowa. He attended school in Farson and later gra…
OTTUMWA [mdash]Christine A. Keasling, 91, of Ottumwa, died at 3:23 a.m. July 6, 2020 at Vista Woods Care Center. Her body has been cremated. No services are planned. Reece Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- St. Louis man arrested on theft, arson warrants
- Smith repeats at national Invention Convention
- Prep baseball: Panthers make thrilling return to diamond
- Vista Woods says outbreak has ended
- Monday preps: Comets clip Hawks home and away
- Judge orders Dakota Access pipeline shut down pending review
- Two arrested on warrants in Centerville
- Prep softball: Warriors rack up two wins at Centerville
- Prep baseball: A friendly reunion
- Ottumwa man dies in crash