_MG_6821.JPG

OTTUMWA — Authorities said two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in the 400 block of North Market Street.

The fire started shortly before 2 p.m. Monday. Firefighters said the fire was largely extinguished by the time they arrived, so their focus was mainly on making sure it was out and that smoke was removed from the residence.

The location led authorities to block both North Market Street and Gara Street, which has been used by drivers as a way around the construction on Jefferson Street to the east of the scene.

1
1
2
0
1